Wanted; Tilton 75 Series mcyl

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks Ian,
just looking for a cheaper option :D maybe someone has one surplus to requirements lying about. Demon Tweaks has exactly what I need in stock at £52+vat ouch. Just thought I would try this first.

Found these on Ebay:

This one is a 75, but a 1" bore:
eBay Motors: Tilton 75 series 1 inch Master Cylinder NASCAR (item 180077985070 end time Jan-29-07 20:09:34 PST)

This one is a 15/16":

eBay Motors: Tilton 15/16 master cylinder IMCA nascar sprint race (item 200071629833 end time Jan-28-07 18:35:46 PST)

This one is a 1" bore:

eBay Motors: Tilton 1" bore master cylinder Imca nascar sprint (item 200071629462 end time Jan-28-07 18:34:35 PST)

The last two are at $9.99 with 4 days left. The first is $39. I bet you could get one or all for less than one retail. There were a couple of pedal assemblies with master cylinders that were pretty cheap as well. One might be the right size.
LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!!!

Bill

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks Bill, but out of the diameter range I need.

Ian, I will consider that option, not tilton, and doesnt match the tilton brake cyls I have, but would fit, and about 1/2 the price.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Dave

Last time we spoke your were changing brakes

did you manage to get the right balance on the original Masters - if not it could be the time to change all 3 and get a matching set

Cheers
IAn

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Dave

Last time we spoke your were changing brakes

did you manage to get the right balance on the original Masters - if not it could be the time to change all 3 and get a matching set

Cheers
IAn

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Yes, I'm in the thick of machining bells at the moment, rear calipers are due to arrive in the next 2 weeks, and in the process of ordering the front brakes. I'm happy with the Tilton mcyls and overhung pedal box, which is why I was looking for a Tilton 75 series mcyl. I'll update my brakes thread as soon as I have the calipers fitted.:D

Hi Dave
I have a 7/8" Tilton master cylinder as spare part. It is looking old enough and it is in good working condition. However, my pedal was little hard with this one (with a sharp starting) and I have change for a 5/8" (it was not easy to modify the MC connection point that was too far from the pedal axle). It could be perfect if you have a short MC rod stroke on your pedal (not more 3/4"). If you need the remote tank + the cap, I should have it also.
Cost and shipment are free. Give me by MP your postal address. If for any reason you don't like it, thanks to return it back ;)

Attachments

• tilton 7-8.JPG
    tilton 7-8.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 259
Back