Warts and all GT40 Australia #48

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Re: GT40 Australia #48

And again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 50709-paint5.jpg
    50709-paint5.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 859

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Nice little dog, good supervisor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 50711-paint3.jpg
    50711-paint3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 876

Pete,

I noticed four small holes in the rear clip below the spoiler. Will you be adding an adjustable plate spoiler for an attempt to reach light speed?
Looking REALLY good, by the way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

They'd be reverse beepers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (proximity? sensors)
Looks pretty sexy Pete ---you'd think the painter (in background) would spend some time on his own body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif instead've making everyone elses look good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Bill, Flatchat is correct, they are reverse warning sensor's.Not expensive and good insurance.
Flatchat, I'll pass on your kind remarks to John about his body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif He will want to talk to you at the next
DRB sizzle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Pete,

I noticed four small holes in the rear clip below the spoiler. Will you be adding an adjustable plate spoiler for an attempt to reach light speed?
Looking REALLY good, by the way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

They are for the Wheelie Bars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh, that's right they are bolting to the chassis. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe some fancy neon's like those young kids do to their Hynundai's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Your just making it up about the reverse sensors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. That red is actually a Perl/Mica, unusual to see that done before on a bright red colour. Makes it really glow in the sun, very cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Pete
Re the reversing sensors. I was speaking to Desmond Finnan and he fitted some of thes to his car and all they ended up doing was bleeping like a truck reverse warning. He finally figured out that he mounted then at the same angle as the rear of the clip and they were thus permanently pointing at the floor about 2 foot behind the car and thus constantlu registering an obsticle.

He reset them to be horizontal and no problems. It might save a few hours of head scratching

Ian

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Ian, good advice. I'll make sure they are O.K. before
fixing them permanently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pete, do you know what brand/model those sensors are? Might be a good idea for me. And a very good idea if my partner is driving. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Don't tell her I said that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Craig, Peter Ransom sourced them so a call to him will give you the answer. Places like SUPA CHEAP AUTOS stock several
different brands. You have to read the fine print to make sure the are compatible with rear/mid engined cars.
You bet I'll tell her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifThen I am open to bribery i.e.
V.B. fourex. J.D's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking good Pete!

I bought an interesting parking sensor for my brother a while back - his car has a fibreglass front spoiler with a lip that sticks out. This sensor from Magneti Marelli doesn't require any holes to be cut - instead a long thin aluminium strip is placed inside the bumper.

This is perfect for my brother as the lip isn't even thick enough to fit those round ultrasonic sensors to, but it does have a hollow pocket inside.

There used to be a better page with pictures and an explanation, but now all I can find is this:
http://www.magnetimarelli.com/news/pnews6.htm

Only problem is I have no idea how well it works as my brother still hasn't got around to fitting it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif The instructions do mention that it cannot be too close to large lumps of metal, but exactly how close you can go would require a little experimentation I think.

ciao

Ian

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Only the pinstriping left to do. Sorry about the quality of the pics.The computer does not do the colour justice. I'll post more when it is out of the paint shop. The wheels look pretty flash don't they?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 51420-p1.jpg
    51420-p1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,009

Pete,

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

I'm especially fond of those wheels! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bill

Looks great Pete. I bet your proud as punch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They look like great burnout tyres. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks good Pete - I think I prefer my dodgy wheels to yours ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for the kind words guys. The car is now back at the factory. See attached pics courtesy of Peter Ransom.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 51560-BackatFactory02022005001.jpg
    51560-BackatFactory02022005001.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 926

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 51561-BackatFactory02022005002.jpg
    51561-BackatFactory02022005002.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 875

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 51562-BackatFactory02022005003.jpg
    51562-BackatFactory02022005003.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 839
Back