What happens to our part builds in 2030 !!!!

It must be an issue for most companies at the moment. Just about anyone looking at starting a build at the moment would need to be considering this outcome and the future registration problems. Locally it is already hard enough to get full registration.

the state of Victoria in Australia does allow for club permits and limited use of historical vehicles, so I would hope that this says the same. They are allowed to have 90 days use per year, so they are not full/daily use items. The vehicles have to be 25 years old or a replica of a car 25 years old. I think there is about 100,000 vehicles on the scheme at the moment. with the permit costing $100 to $150 (cant remember the exact amount). This is an additional $10 million dollars into the governments pockets. It also provides another option for vehicles that have a greater range than what the current modern electric vehicles have, so makes for an alternative. By 2030, a 25 year old car would be a 2005 model and that is BMW E60 M5 territory, which would make for a cracking long distance tourer. This may be an alternative that the local car clubs could push with the authorities. An alternative vehicle with a cheaper registration may be something favorable and encourage the uptake of EV's

As for the EV install in a kit car, there is an Superlight coupe here somewhere that has dual Tesla motors mounted in the back cradle with locked Diffs. Each motor drives a single rear wheel. Certainly an interesting drive train with lots of performance.
An EV drive line could be a standard bolt in bolt out drive line, so it may be possible to install a ICE for track use and other events.

I think it`s very sad that youngsters won`t associate the shapes of replica`s with the glorious sounds the original cars made Whether its the v8 roar of the 40,Cobra or the flat 12 howl of 917`s. I think those of us that remember are a vanishing breed. If only someone could replicate those sounds electronically or create hydrogen powered internal combustion engines. Surely someone out there can do it

Ryan, How is the 90 days policed?

Brian.
Thanks Brian,

There is a log book that remains with the car. It must be filled out before you travel, noting date and odometer readings I think. If this is not filled out, the user is deemed to be driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle and faces all the ramifications of the law associated with that.
Currently full rego in Victoria is around $800, and/or $81 per year for a 45 day club permit or 155.6 for a 90 day permit. So for limited/weekend use the permits are quite attractive.

Club Permit scheme : VicRoads

Current costs
Club, rally and unregistered vehicle permit fees : VicRoads
Initial cost looks to be $119.4 and then $81 per year for 45 days use
Initial cost looks to be $194.1 and then $155.6 per year for 90 days use

Thanks Brian,

There is a log book that remains with the car. It must be filled out before you travel, noting date and odometer readings I think. If this is not filled out, the user is deemed to be driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle and faces all the ramifications of the law associated with that.
Currently full rego in Victoria is around $800, and/or $81 per year for a 45 day club permit or 155.6 for a 90 day permit. So for limited/weekend use the permits are quite attractive.

Club Permit scheme : VicRoads

Current costs
Club, rally and unregistered vehicle permit fees : VicRoads
Initial cost looks to be $119.4 and then $81 per year for 45 days use
Initial cost looks to be $194.1 and then $155.6 per year for 90 days use
That sounds horrid only having so many days a year.......

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not Clive, :D.
We don't have to use the club permit scheme, its just an option.

We still have the option of full registration, which allows you to use it every day of the year if you want, it also costs a lot more at nearly $1000 per year. Keep in mind that insurance also goes up with the number of days the vehicle is used as well.
Ryan

EU regulations per July 2022 mandates,
Speed assist system
Speed limiter system
Parking assist system
Emergency brake system
Alcohol lock prepared
Black box system

That basically rules individual builds out.

Neil

Supporter
EU regulations per July 2022 mandates,
Speed assist system
Speed limiter system
Parking assist system
Emergency brake system
Alcohol lock prepared
Black box system

That basically rules individual builds out.
You do not have to accept this! You still can vote, can't you?

Oh well, scratch the UK off my bucket list of places to visit, rate In going I'll just have to make my drive way longer and in a complete loop.

Back