What you breath is now dangerous.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I'm amazed, too, Pete!

We can't get the government to decide that cigarettes are "a delivery system" so that a proven carcinogen, tobacco, can be regulated by the FDA, but a finding of this nature is no problem?

Sounds like more Obamaspeak to me......clears the way for him to take executive action regarding global warming without worrying about what congress thinks, bypassing in such an action any possibility that he will have to worry about what the American public thinks (we can put pressure on our elected senators/representatives, not so much on an insulated president).

What's next......is the sky really falling?

Doug

I think that the sky HAS been falling over the years, and we've obviously caused this problem with the weight of heavier and heavier aeroplanes pressing it down. I think I need a study grant to research this.

Sorry for the thread drift, Pete. But I'm getting tired of getting blamed for everything, getting my remaining little pleasures taken away or penalised, and the excuse used by the parties in power to bypass all checks and restraints and shove legislation through doing whatever they want.

I'm rapidly getting more grumpy.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I think that the sky HAS been falling over the years, and we've obviously caused this problem with the weight of heavier and heavier aeroplanes pressing it down. I think I need a study grant to research this.

Sorry for the thread drift, Pete. But I'm getting tired of getting blamed for everything, getting my remaining little pleasures taken away or penalised, and the excuse used by the parties in power to bypass all checks and restraints and shove legislation through doing whatever they want.

I'm rapidly getting more grumpy.

Me too Mate, and it seems to be a world wide thing. Merry Christmas.

Keith

I don't pin this stuff to one person, one party, one nation or even one belief. The thinking that Man is so clever that he can control or even influence the world climate is so typical of a species that has proved to be so dumb on so may different levels for so long - it's breathtaking.

Grumpy it a mild description of how I feel about these morons. Time for a house cleaning oops I forgot the senate!!!!!

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I feel somewhat unmoved by this, but probably in a different sense than those commenting thus far. I read this as a recognition that too much of anything is not good, rather than any of something is bad.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><SPAN style=
Nature if full of examples of when an organism expands and grows to a point that it begins to impact its environment detrimentally. Whether a virus in the human body, or wolves in Yellowstone, or Asian carp in the upper Mississippi. Are human activities exempt from any boundary of growth or consumption? Some of us pay more for insurance than we actually use, simply to be "sure", yet I see opinions that indicate there is absolutely no reason to be "sure" about the air my kids breath or food they eat, or water they drink (until of course the deed is done and now we've got to fix it). <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
Yeah, I've got my own little oxygen-to-greenhouse gas converter project in the garage as well, but I also see some rationale and reason to the argument that we can't expand and expand, consume and consume, without someone some day getting their toes stepped on. My hope is to get this project done and enjoy it before internal combustion engines are a thing of the past, but still have the capability to understand that there may be a good reason if they do become a thing of the past (even though a generator's increased CO2 output simply replaces the car's)<o:p></o:p>

</SPAN>

Last edited:
Maybe if we reduce a lot of CO2 we'll kill off some trees and other foliage. I think it would be proper if all of the Greenies (formerly Reds) would stop breathing, that would stop a lot of CO2 and hot air as well.
Its all about control after all.
Cheers
Phil

coming back from a jetrace in asia,.....since 2003 it is raining at this time,....never before,......
going to dubai for jet-ski-race,......14 days, 7 with rain, heavy rain,.....since 2005,....never before at this time,......
want to go sking into snow,......normaly we had snow on our mountains in austria,.....no snow in momnet,......we only can make snow on a green mountain,.....if it is cold,......but it is worm,......since 2004,......

all people sayed,....something is wrong,.....noone do something against,.....because,.....we????,....why????,......the chinese should stop the dirt in the air,.....the industrie should stop the dirt,...........why we????,....we are only one, what can one person change into the world,........????????,........

but i,.....and you,....and you,....and there family,.....my aunt,....my neff,.....we are 20 people,......if we want,.....we can beginn to change something,......

this is what we must learn,.....if we dont,.......the heaven falls down, down on our heads,.....

TEAM JUST

Keith

coming back from a jetrace in asia,.....since 2003 it is raining at this time,....never before,......
going to dubai for jet-ski-race,......14 days, 7 with rain, heavy rain,.....since 2005,....never before at this time,......
want to go sking into snow,......normaly we had snow on our mountains in austria,.....no snow in momnet,......we only can make snow on a green mountain,.....if it is cold,......but it is worm,......since 2004,......

all people sayed,....something is wrong,.....noone do something against,.....because,.....we????,....why????,......the chinese should stop the dirt in the air,.....the industrie should stop the dirt,...........why we????,....we are only one, what can one person change into the world,........????????,........

but i,.....and you,....and you,....and there family,.....my aunt,....my neff,.....we are 20 people,......if we want,.....we can beginn to change something,......

this is what we must learn,.....if we dont,.......the heaven falls down, down on our heads,.....

TEAM JUST

Just - you'll give yourself an ulcer worrying about natural and inevitable changes to the global climate. The world was born out of a huge explosion and may end up the same way. The British Islands were once on the equator, and South America was part of Africa - the cradle of civilisation. WE are emerging out of the last Ice Age. The planet used to be a lot warmer, then it was colder, then warmer then colder. Man's feeble efforts may have caused some volatility for sure but their equally feeble attempts to change or influence this vast complex system is completely futile. But, I do agree with one thing in this whole climate change bollocks and that is to greatly reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.

Pete:
Great description, it is truly amazing how they have all profited from such a scam. I am truly thankful that they are be being exposed.
The internet has been instrumental, as the news here (except for Fox network) basically is in league with them.
We should all thank Al Gore for inventing the web, at least he claims he did.
Cheers
Phil

Let me see if if I understand this. The Carbon dioxide we exhale (about 1 kg per day at rest) is now hazardous to our health. I figured it was always hazardous to our health, that's why we exhale it and why we can't put plastic bags over our heads. At rest we only use 10% of our lung capacity (both rate of respiration and depth). So will exercise, sex and any form of excitement be regulated and taxed? The world's population adds 12% of the total CO2 emissions through normal respiration. If we all start exercising, having fun and sex it would have a catastrophic effect. Of course when you are obese and inactive you respiration increases because you are trying to supply a larger body, less efficiently with air. Hmmmm.

Cows (red meat) are supposed to emit the most methane gas as they process the grasses and grains they eat. The solution is to not eat red meat so there is no cows to emit methane. Does this help? When I eat red meat I don't emit methane gas. When I eat lots of salad and grains I emit LOTS of methane. At least we won't have cows taking up enormous areas of green space that lives on the CO2 we exhale and emits O2?!
What made the Ice Age receed? Humans can hardly forecast the weather beyond a few days after hundreds of years of studying and trying. Why can 30 some years of Global warming science completely understand the climate change?

Happy Holidays Gents!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
But, I do agree with one thing in this whole climate change bollocks and that is to greatly reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.

I agree, Keith, although perhaps for a different reason.

Like most of you, I'm not sure that this "global warming" can be directly related to our species' carbon emissions. Like you, I understand that the earth has ALWAYS undergone periods of cooling and warming, even before humans became such a dominant presence on our planet, so IMHO we're just seeing more of the same. Like you, I believe that the sheer volume of the atmosphere is so great that to believe we humans can have much of an effect on it with our feeble efforts, either positive or negative, is pretty much folly.

I'd certainly like to see us humans utilize fossil fuels to a lesser degree, too. The more we can convert to hybrid, or better yet HO technology, the less demand there will be for gasoline and other petroleum based automotive products. That lower demand can have only one effect, to reduce the price at the pump, and for those of us for whom a combustion engine is a vital part of our hobby that can only be a good thing!

I, for one, would like to see a study that would reveal how much pollution is emitted into the atmosphere by all the tobacco smokers in the world. Perhaps we can start to tax them based on their contributions to the world pollution? Perhaps then the EPA here in the U.S. might be given some control over the industry? Perhaps then the illnesses that seem to be so related to smoking would not be creating such a demand on our health-care services, and considering all this health-care reform crap that would be a good thing! I know, nobody likes more government intrusion into their lives, nobody likes to be taxed more than they already are, but with all the medical research that indicates how terribly damaging tobacco is, I can't imagine why it's even allowed to be sold for human consumption. We banned lead based paint when we realized what a health hazard it is, why can't we ban tobacco (I know, I know, politicians have to make sure their constituents' livelihoods are protected....feh!!!)?

I wonder how much CO2 is concentrated in the smoke that tobacco smokers inhale?

Back