Windscreen Dimensions GTD, KVA, CAV, ERA

I'm currently drawing up CAD/CAM for windsrceen surround. Can anyone confirm the following dimensions of a screen are correct for the above bodies? I believe these are the dims of the screens CAV use, which should be the same as GTD, KVA & ERA. Thanks.

1575800015666.png

Hi I am building a GT also, have you been able to located a windshield. I need one also. I have the body and spider, so i guess having the glass for fit would be good. Thanks

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi, just a hint... the screen is the last bit to fit, really. I’ve had my screens for both my GTs in storage for over 4 years now, and I regret fitting the Windshield. Once thats in everything becomes really frustrating, especially trying to get the dash out or just get jobs crossed off the list.

Have fun with the builds:)

Morten

Neil

Supporter
It is also too easy to accidentally break the windshield if it is installed while you are building the car. It is safer to store it away until last.

It is also too easy to accidentally break the windshield if it is installed while you are building the car. It is safer to store it away until last.
So I was going to simply set windshield it in the spider to see if it matches correctly then store it away . The spider is flimsy . Here is the body, my chassis has been tack welded. Anyway trying to locate the glass if anyone knows were to get it

Attachments

• BODY.jpg
    BODY.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 239
  • spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 211

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Kit windshields are alittle bit smaller than originals. Kit glass A1275 fits GTDs and most kits.
Long delivery times of over 12 weeks now.
just contact one of the UK based GT40 companies, I'm sure you can get help there.

Mike Pass

Supporter
This thread may be helpful
cheers
Mike

Back