Z06 Burnout

Keith

Should have been titled "Z06" Burn Up!

That has to be the Epic Fail of 2009...:laugh:

What a donut...:burnout:

That's what happens when you lock up the wheels with a lot of brake peddle, and you go right ahead and dump the clutch at 4,000rpm in a torquey corvette....something's gotta give.

I guess that's more like $2,000.....and he still needs a $600 pair of rear tires....what a door knob.

Keith

Line lock - yes. A must have in those situations. He would have done better to sidestep the clutch, leave the brakes alone, and do a smoky roller shifting into high at the earliest opportunity.

Epic...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It wasn't that he was on the brakes that caused the clutch to go up in smoke.

It WAS that he failed to turn off the Traction Control system.. :stunned:

What a freakin..... :lipsrsealed: ..... this guy is.

Keith

Hmm, if no brakes wouldn't he have gone forwards just a leedel bit eh?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=
I reckon he was hard on them too.<o:p></o:p>
</SPAN><o:p></o:p>
A GM Epic Fail then - if it's supposed to prevent IQ zeroes like him harming himself and others, it clearly didn't work.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
A Short Christmas Story... A Moral Tale<o:p></o:p>
Traction Control Module to Central Command ECU<o:p></o:p>
"Boss? I Got TC Activation Command"<o:p></o:p>
ECU to TCM<o:p></o:p>
"Er, what? you're not needed chap, stupid ass has his foot hard on the middle pedal- deactivatel"<o:p></o:p>
Brake Sensor to ECU<o:p></o:p>
“Yep, I’m hard on. Er, oops, can I rephrase that a little?”<o:p></o:p>
TCM to ECU<o:p></o:p>
"Sorry, a command is a command, snot my job to make a decision like that and since you clearly can't override me and I'm getting a legitimate signal at the right voltage, I got to go, it’s in my programming contract "<o:p></o:p>
FBW Throttle Sensor<o:p></o:p>
"Yep I got good to go too - guy has given me the phat "nail it" signal - I'm off, here I go, weeeeeee"<o:p></o:p>
ECU “All Stations All Stations” (sounding a bit nervous)<o:p></o:p>
"Guys guys no no no oh noooo - we can't be doing this, we're gonna be in a world of pain"<o:p></o:p>
ECU to All Stations<o:p></o:p>
“Emergency Emergency Defcon 1, I say again Defcon 1”<o:p></o:p>
"Activating Emergency Shut Down Illogical Management Control Sequence Command in 3-2-1" WTF? Whaddya mean we haven't fuggin’ got one.. Jeeeesus"
<o:p>Clutch Sensor (Terrified)</o:p>
<o:p>"C;mon guys stop messing, I'm gettin' hurt here, God! The pain, the burning, stop for the love of God, go to Limp, er, reboot, arrrgh!"</o:p>
Faint sputtering signal from Clutch Sensor entirely consistent with being dragged down an airstrip at 100 mph on your nose)<o:p></o:p>
"Cough, too late, plates burned, welded to flywheel - going dim, tell The General I did my best..cough"<o:p></o:p>
The Moral. Don’t sell Corvettes to stupid bastards.

:)<o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 alt="http://www.gt40s.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:title="smile" src="file:///D:\DOCUME~1\KEITH~1.DES\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

Excellent summary Keith - just love your technical description....

ps - thank god you're not writing avionics software for the multiple processor flight-control systems many modern aircraft use...

On a similar vein though - someone mailed me this link

YouTube - Brett Stevens Burnout 4-3-07

which is one 'proper burnout' for sure.. although from the accompanying comments it would appear the gentlemen in question may also have been somewhat 'high' at the time..... oops!

Oh and he must have a seriously good radiator on that Ute...

Anyone notice the camera man stepping in front of the car while this is going on? Now that is a brain dead activity. The Darwin Award comes to mind.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Anybody who can't distinguish the difference between the smell of burning rubber, and burning friction material needs to resort to public transportation.

Keith

Excellent summary Keith - just love your technical description....

ps - thank god you're not writing avionics software for the multiple processor flight-control systems many modern aircraft use...

On a similar vein though - someone mailed me this link

YouTube - Brett Stevens Burnout 4-3-07

which is one 'proper burnout' for sure.. although from the accompanying comments it would appear the gentlemen in question may also have been somewhat 'high' at the time..... oops!

Oh and he must have a seriously good radiator on that Ute...

Hey Paul... believe it or not, by virtue of the fact I trained as a journalist on the (original) Daily Express Fleet Street at the tender age of 15, somebody in the Environmental Testing Dept of the Louis Newmark Aircraft Division in Purley Way Croydon, decided that at the tender age of 17, I was the fit and proper person to act as Technical Clerk to the Chief Designer(s) of..... the Automatic Pilot System for a new Military Airrcraft for the UK codenamed the SH-3D. I had the thankless (and quite awesome) task of translating their scribbled notes into viable and logically progressed environmental testing regimes. At 17 with no formal training! Ye Gods, I can hardly find my way to the pub these days.

Anyway, I promise a New Years Gift of Champagne for the first UK guy to come back on here and tell me which aircraft this was. Hint: I do not believe we ever lost one to "accident or malfunction" but David M would know better. I am quite, no bloody proud of the fact that there's a bit of me in each one. Yes, they are still out there - but not many now.

Bring it on.... :)

Don't Google- use your brains...

Keith

Jack! You bugger! Of all the US guys it had to be you - and you knew you were going to be right here at a pub near me in just a few months. Rats. But you win and you will drink champage with me (if you'll let me have a glass)

Come on, 'fess up, how did you get that so quick?

PS I only said UK because I am too much of a cheapskate to pay freight to the US.

You got me brother, you got me...

Last edited:
Sorry Keith (and as it's already been answered) I used Google for specifics as it was 'before my time' :laugh: although the 'SH' prefix gave it away really.

Whilst Googling, came across this interesting site with a lot of early Flight magazine info - one of which listed your early employer..

1961 | 1441 | Flight Archive

Varied career you've had I suspect....

Back