Bentley Speed 8 replica

Just been reading an article on GT Spirit about a new Bentley kit that's been produced by a company called Aeromaster. The finished car looks rather nice but unfortunately it's running a 136bhp Renault V6 although they plan to change the engine soon.

The companies website lists the body at 5800 euros and chassis at 3000 euros. Full info here: About Aeromaster

asc-6.jpg

asc-9.jpg

IMG_6804.JPG

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hmmmm.. An 80% knockoff of the original... I wonder what they left off?
Beautiful car never the less..

Renault gear box?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 2,341
80% question: Maybe because they saw the need to put those huge humps along side the engine cowling. Possibly for a wider choice of power plants?

80% question: Maybe because they saw the need to put those huge humps along side the engine cowling. Possibly for a wider choice of power plants?

The "huge humps" are there on the original car as well. Not the 2001 version but they are there on the 2003 version which this replicates. Anyway, there was a post somewhere on mad mechanics that explains the difference.

OK, thanks for clearing that up. I will check out the MM post. Still looks better without the humps, but I am not a customer for this car so it does not matter :) Nice offering regardless.

Looks really nice Trev, body looks grand, nice job. Am I not alone in thinking the chassis rear end looks like it lacks a little in the torsional rigidity stakes or am I looking at it like a piece of farm machinery??
Would fly with a decent engine in it

6k for a decent body, and $3k for a decent chassis seems dirt cheap.

Nice looking car, needs more engine obviously.

We employed a large number of Sofians at my company (software dev), and I found thdm to be smart, hard working, and ethical people. If these Sofians are similar then this company might actually have a future.

I wouldn't want to be the first customer....the first car is usually not the best one.....

looks really nice, i wonder what could happen if RCR tried there hand in it. nice possibility out there. I'd like to see more in Bently green.

Hello to all
I could hardly understand how they can produce these items at aso low price !
Am in doubt really if all this is real !!!
As all the project is "real" ( say bodywork exist and is not an3D view !!) you can easily understand that there have been plugs and a serious quantity of molds done so how much expenses divided by expected production are included in this 6K
Mr Noo knows perfectly what I mean I guess ? the quality is more than acceptable watching in details all bodywork fitment so to my poor experience
a rought total tooling to produce such items is more or less 40000 to 50000
euros , normally you expect to sell minimum 12 kits(1 by months?) to have your tooling payed in one year so it's 4000 to 5000 charges on the retail priceand leave 1000 euros for laminating and buying bodywork !!!
Europe is in crisis is it ununderstandable that a young company can produce for one year without having one penny of profit ????
So ; or they will never sell any at this price telling that there are more option to pay etc etc etc , or they will take money in advance from" no brained"customers and then disappear !!!!
Chris am with you about your comment about the chassis and this would confirm my demonstration thinking that they did this chassis or too quickly or just enought to hold the bodywork showing their inexperience????

Apologise about how am showing the dark part of this expected nice new project and hope they are not so" ç°;§" am trying to demonstrate !!!
But It's better for anyone mate in this Forum if they want to order a kit from there to go pick up and pay cash when they have in the trailor these dreaming parts
I would be very interested to know what Fran, Mick , Andy , Marcel ( Serious kit producers) does think about this !!:shy::shy:

FAKE or not FAKE :drunk::drunk:

€13750 is what the basic Aeromaster kit works out at in total so I wouldn't say this is cheap but probably about right in terms of pricing for a body, chassis and a few basic starting components. If you compare the cost to something like a Hawk HF3000 stratos kit which start off at €13350 it seems comparable

Also as a comparison to a GT40 kit, Tornado's basic kit comes in much cheaper at around €9000 so I don't think we can call the Aeromaster a cheap kit.

As Cliffbeer2 says it looks like a nice looking car and I'd love to build an LMP style track car after the GT40 but I don't think I'd want to be the first customer either. While the body looks great I'd need to see more on the chassis and one of these cars running on track a decent speeds rather than a 20mph demo run.

€13750 is what the basic Aeromaster kit works out at in total so I wouldn't say this is cheap but probably about right in terms of pricing for a body, chassis and a few basic starting components. If you compare the cost to something like a Hawk HF3000 stratos kit which start off at €13350 it seems comparable

Also as a comparison to a GT40 kit, Tornado's basic kit comes in much cheaper at around €9000 so I don't think we can call the Aeromaster a cheap kit.

As Cliffbeer2 says it looks like a nice looking car and I'd love to build an LMP style track car after the GT40 but I don't think I'd want to be the first customer either. While the body looks great I'd need to see more on the chassis and one of these cars running on track a decent speeds rather than a 20mph demo run.

Hello Trevor
I agree totally with your arguments and specially your comparaison with an Hawk kit But :
Both lancia stratos hawk replica and GT40 Uk kits are well known kits manufacturer and I think IVA homologation for road gives them aq rather good value when selling them in the future as second hand
Beside the fact the bodywork seems to be corrected molded what is really the future use of that kit with such a chassis and specially these antics suspensions style ( with an ibclination of shock absorber completly mad ?)
Track car ??? yes but once you do some days you will be bored to drive by alone !!!!
In France there is a lowcost champion ship but rules will not admit such a light chassis frame and need an homologated front crach box ( which means alot of Fia expensive crash test ) so these cars have a low limit price at 100 000 euros and cars like that kit will not afford their tecnology

So may be you are right the price is not so low but for what use ?
Just to have a copy of an LMP car in your Garden ??? LOL

The only good solution for these guys will be to contact some organiser like ACO or ELMS or any US Organiser and create a school or a championship with 15 similar cars with similar engines for youg new drivers ??

I tried several times this morning to call at phone these people and never reached to talk to anybody ; nobody answer ???
strange for a young company wanting to promote their kit !!LOL

Watching video's seems that all this is the project of a sigle man in his proper small workshop
The work done is hudge ; specially the centerbody spider very similar to the Bentley
With some more modern tecno this could be a very very nice project

I tried several times this morning to call at phone these people and never reached to talk to anybody ; nobody answer ???
strange for a young company wanting to promote their kit !!LOL

Watching video's seems that all this is the project of a sigle man in his proper small workshop
The work done is hudge ; specially the centerbody spider very similar to the Bentley
With some more modern tecno this could be a very very nice project

I think I read on one of the video postings that it was a personal project that has taken something like 8 years to complete.

Back