4.6 Cobra - intake/exhaust

Many here will know Jim Cowden (building RF#105) as a master craftsman.
Here are a few snaps of what he did for me:
*custom made headers and cross-over system
*fitting of DC&O 8-barrel

Love ya work Jim!

Attachments

• pics 008.jpg
    pics 008.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 556
  • pics 009.jpg
    pics 009.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 536
  • pics 010.jpg
    pics 010.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 524
  • pics 011.jpg
    pics 011.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 512
Bill, it goes very well. The best characteristic, by far, is the SOUND. Bloody fantastic! This motor revs to 7000 out of the box, and between 4000 and 7000 the quad-cam is so sweet.
It pulls pretty well, and is very smooth in power delivery.
I still don't think it will out do the Lotus in a 0 - 100mph run though. You can really feel those extra 500kg's!!

Iain, i have a pair of Pipercross foam filters. Like those used in F2/F3 cars. Just need to make a simple, quick release mount for them. ('till then, i am using the engine oil to catch the dirt, and the oil filter to retain it... hehehe).

Tim, Looks fantastic, Have you had a chance to compare performance wise between the two induction setups? I have this engine in my car also and are looking at options?

Steve

Hi Tim

That looks fantastic, it really finishes off the overall look. I bet it sounds so much better than it looks! I would love to have a listen one day if you're keen on making someone else :D
I'm over in Forestville, I've been for a spin in Peter D's so it would be interesting to hear your exhaust sing as well.

PS Also love your work Jim!

cheers
Stuart (no closer to owning a GT40 :()

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. It really is a beauty.
Stu, i'm afraid i can't show you the car, as i have sold it, and the new owner picked it up last weekend. Mt wife & I have bought 10 acres of land, and i have sold the GT to help us build our dream house. It was a tough decision, one which took many months to come to, but at this stage it's the best thing for my family. I'm only 39, so more cars can come later.....

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Wow Tim, that's some news !! It must have been a tough decision, but 10 acres in your own heaven is fairly tempting !

(There might even be room for a serious shed - "just somewhere to store my tools & the feed for your horses, etc, darling" - yeah, right !!).

All the best with your new venture - but please stick around on the Forum - your knowledge & experience is highly valued.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Who's the lucky new owner??

4.6 actually looks ok with 8 stack and shiny pipes. Maybe there is hope for our Eastern States Friends. Jims pipes give the engine a sporting look.

Last edited:

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Wow Tim, I just caught that bombshell... That is a surprise, I like Peter would like to see you hang around the forum and I also hope that the lucky person that bought you car appreciates the amount of work and effort that has gone into making it such a cracking car.
It must be one heck of piece of land mate…. BEST OF LUCK and stay in touch!

Bill

Hi Tim,

Sad to hear your've sold the GT, but on the other hand fully appreciate the need to move on and get the dream home built. I hope the building process of the home is a smoother path than the build of the 40 was for you! I suppose if I owned a supercharged honda engined Lotus and a 40 the decision as to which had to go probably isn't that painfull.

Best wishes for your future plans,

Andrew

Hi Tim,

Sad to hear your've sold the GT, but on the other hand fully appreciate the need to move on and get the dream home built. I hope the building process of the home is a smoother path than the build of the 40 was for you! I suppose if I owned a supercharged honda engined Lotus and a 40 the decision as to which had to go probably isn't that painfull.

Best wishes for your future plans,

Andrew

Back