50 GT40s Photoshoot.

Paul W et. al, what a wonderful idea and Good Luck to all in making this happen. I'd love to be a part of this. However, me thinks there will be a few glitches....those being:

1) "We're going to use one end of a 2 mile runway"!
2) GT 40s
3) a clean flat surface 2 miles long
4) GT 40's
5) Low Noise
6) GT 40's

Personally keeping my boot out of the throttle would be almost impossible to do! Again Good Luck and can't wait to see the finished product.

Will do Malcolm - 49 cars on the list now ;-)
This banner showed up a few days back........

Attachments

• P1000610 copy.jpg
    P1000610 copy.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 378
Paul. You're doing a grand job, and I know you have helpers along the line that are assisting you every step of the way to mark this anniversary.
I am sorry that I won't be there on the day to lend my support.
Hopefully the weather will be kind to you and I look forward to seeing the results.

Best wishes from across the pond.

If i can borrow a trailer I'm game. If i had a fuel tank it would drive off the trailer itself too!!!!. No glass either but that wouldn't matter would it?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
If i can borrow a trailer I'm game. If i had a fuel tank it would drive off the trailer itself too!!!!. No glass either but that wouldn't matter would it?

That sounds like a good plan
Anything to get the correct number of cars!

Ian

Brian Magee

Supporter

Anthony,

Quite a few years ago my car was displayed on the club stand at the NEC before I had finished it. It had no glass or front and rear clips. The fuel tanks had not been plumbed in, so I drove it in with a gallon can strapped to the passengers seat!

Go for it.

Brian.

Yes please Anthony - get a trailer, plenty of local places that rent em.
Oh and that does make a nice round number ;-)

Bad News. double booked!!!!!

i am in Brighton watching world cup rugby and so is my towbar provider!!!!

afraid to say you are back to 49. gutted sorry

Malcolm

Supporter
Disappointed to say that at the moment I too will be unable to get there although trying to find a work around to make it so. Sorry Paul.

Malcolm

Supporter
Good news, have managed to rearrange and also to get another 40 to come with me so please put me and Charles on the list again.

Nice one Malcolm - will do.
All looking good for this Sunday 12.00 Lunch onwards - I've attached the preferred routes by the airfield so as to not disturb the locals too much. Once you are inside the main gates head around to the right towards the runway and you’ll hopefully see a few other cars in the holding area.
I’m told the nearest loo’s to the runway are by the big hangar opposite the main entrance, so it might be worth stopping there first. Also there are no provisions for refreshments so might be worth bringing along something as there will be a fair bit of hanging around setting up and then filming etc. We have got 50 cars if everyone on the list turns up so it should look pretty special ;-)

Attachments

• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground & Aerodrome - Bruntingthorpe.pdf
    170.6 KB · Views: 331
Paul, really appreciate all your efforts in arranging this, looks like it is possible to herd cats after all. I have just checked the weather for Sunday and it looks like it will be dry if a little cloudy. Two 40s will be making their way up in convoy from Devon aiming to arrive just before 12.00 so if anyone will be aiming for the M5 Northwards then do look out for us and join the "convoy". See you there.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Paul,
I have found another car. Robert Garford with a Tornado in Gulf colours from the Peterborough area.

We have three cars coming up the A34 in convoy from Newbury with another joining us on the way.

See you all there.

Brian.

Hi Brian & Everyone,
I presume that from the A34 you will head up the A43 to join the M1. Well, I will be getting on the M1 at Junction 16 and therefore a short distance to Watford Gap services. Does anyone fancy meeting up at the services sometime around 11.00am?
Cheers
Steve.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Steve,
We are meeting up with the other car for breakfast at the Little Chef on the A34 a couple miles short of the M40 at around 9.45. I don't know what time we will get to Watford but we might call in for a quick comfort break.
Brian.

Keith

Hi y'all. Hope it goes ok for you. Could you remember to also take photos at ground level so we get to compare the differences between models....?

It's sure to make for an entertaining conversation piece here on the forum....:laugh:

Back