A big Day August 6th

Congratulations Pete. May you have a long and happy retirement. Cars, planes, boats and whatever else takes your fancy - you can do it all now in a beautiful part of a beautiful country. If all goes well, before long you will wonder how you ever managed to have time to go to work.

Chris

Congrats Pete! I look forward to the same in a few years. Until then, there's work to be done here.

Enjoy your new-found time and freedom and stay busy!

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Good Move Pete !

I think that the guys here have pretty much summed up the advantages of, & advice regarding retirement. Once you get over the novelty of not having getting up at 6am, you'll probably go back to an early start anyway, just to be able to fit all the "good stuff" into a day !

I have no idea how I managed to fit any work into my life - since retirement, I have never been so busy (or less stressed) !!

With so many non-work interests to expand to fill the time available, you are not going to be bored !

All the best to you & Di

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Congratulations Pete - that's a great feeling. You might find that the increased bank balance really isn't that satisfying however.

You could do what I did after selling my (large) piece of the business......start a whole new one! You're much better at it the second time around.....

Actually, Cliff, you have touched on a good possibility there. Alternatively, some of my friends who sold out businesses or Directorships have gone back into the field part time, having some fun (in a business field they know well and are good at) and making some spending money as well, taking breaks to go on trips, etc. And it keeps them in touch with those business friends they like (ignore the others).

Or, Pete, you may wish to simply move on to other activities altogether. It's your call. At least you live in a cheerful climate, unlike the poor b*st*rds in the UK or South NZ, for example, where the skies are grey and you spend all your Super just trying to keep warm now that you are home all day.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Everyone I really appreciate your support and good wishes.
Di is already planning trips. First will be the Singapore Grand Prix to watch Webber Kick Vettels arse. Once again thanks.:thumbsup:

Back