A friends labor of love

Although this forum is based on the GT40 I felt that the guys here would like to see a job well done.

This is my neighbers Antiques and Collectables Jaguar XK150. The kit was a gift from his wife over 12 years ago. Back then a kit was not anthing like we see today, this one was just a body and a frame with a couple of additional parts when he got it. I have watched this car go togeather over the last 8 or so years and am just amazed at the result.

As a side not Hershal, you might remember, Bill was with me two years ago at carliele and Lynn you and I walked around the corner to see this car when you were here.

Peter

Attachments

• 65811-DSCN0823.JPG
    65811-DSCN0823.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 238

Keith

Hi there Peter, what a beautiful car! But surely it is an XK140, yes? Looks can be deceiving especially if photos have been "squashed" in a editing program, but this certainly looks like a 140 to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Uh oh, just noticed the word "kit", that'll teach me to read things more carefully. Still, it's a nice looking piece of XK120/140 styling! Was it an Aristocat?

Keith,
You are correct it is a 120, I realized my mistake after I had posted but did not get around to correcting the post.

The kit was produced by Antiges and Collectables.

Back