A Roaring Forties with all the Options !

I saw this car last week and it is just incredible. Dry sump, sway bar adjust, brake bias adjust etc. The custom fittings to make this all happen are works of art. The sway bars alone are just superb.Huge congratulations to the team at RF. BUGGER I want one. Regards

Oh dear, I forgot the full roll cage that I did not even notice on my first look. It is so well intergrated. Even the CD stacker is mounted behind the passenger seat with the center of the back hinging forward for access. Pete, the spoiler IMO would be a bit low for the street. It has been designed by RF to be fitted easily. Has been very well done and great for track days. Regards

MWGT40

Supporter
Very nice Hersh! Are they Chris's GW Valve covers that you are using?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

High Guys
This is a very nice car indeed with an incredible speck I think Robert may have set the new bench mark!!.
If you like those Weslake valve covers, I have 5 sets left.
Chris.

Bill,
I have know idea what this GT costs. That is something Robert will have to answer.
I am not sure if Robert has tested the splitter but I know it wouldn't be on the car if it didn't work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I believe those are Chris' GW covers.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Thank you for all the comments, but all I do is pay the bills, my staff are the artists.

The splitter is our own and I have one on my own GT40 which WORKS at speed but scrapes like a snow plough !!!!!

The car was expensive but should break 4 seconds 0 - 100 kph and is geared to 200 MPH at 7500 RPM. The last item required to finish her is a big bore exhaust which is due in our shop next week. One of the MAIN advantages is that as the owner of Roaring Forties I insist that I sign off on the cars we build therefore I must drive them ALL and this one I have been looking forward to taking for a spin (not literaly).

The rocker covers are indeed from Chris Melia and we had to mill out the insides a little because of the rocker gear we are using.

I supose I should realy set the record straight as to the specifications. They are as follows :

500 hp engine
aluminium 4 bolt main Nascar block
AFR heads
Motec M800 injection full 8 stack
Remote coil packs
Dry sump (custom made aluminium)
Rycor filter and paper filter
Twin engine oil coolers with individual fans
Oil pressure acumulator (provide full oil pressure on start up)
Remote engine cranking (no spark) in case of acumulator failure
Audi 6 speed gearbox
Custom built ATB LSD
Traction Control (MoTeC) - switchable on/off
Launch Control (MoTeC) - switchable on/off
ABS - switchable on/off
AP Racing breaks, 6 pot front, 4 pot rear, 13" AP Racing front rotors, 12" AP Racing rear rotors with custom made hats
Floor mounted 3 master cylinder pedalbox with cockpit adjustment for breaks
Blade sway bars front and rear with adjustable from inside cockpit

Air Conditioning
Stacker CD player - remote control
Puddle / map lights
Leather interior
Remote entry
Central locking
Imobilisor
Electric mirrors X 2

BRM pin-drive wheels Custom off set
Front splitter
Electronic Fire supression system
Ducati Corsa RED

and one hell of a lot of love and attention in particular from Chris Menzie my top guy and great artist.

The car has taken almost 10 months to build because of the specifications and the complexity of fitting so much into such a small space.

All of these options will be available on our cars and more important ALL can be retro fitted to ALL of our existing cars.

Best wishes,

Robert

HILLY

Supporter
Truly a great piece of work. I was lucky enough to see this car in March and meet Hershal at the same time.(Double bonus).Even at that stage of the build you could tell that this was going to be something special but the finished product is even better than I had imagined. Congratulations to the RF guys on another fine product and to the owner and his family. I can only imagine the excitement that must be building.

[ QUOTE ]
Oil pressure acumulator (provide full oil pressure on start up)
Remote engine cranking (no spark) in case of acumulator failure

[/ QUOTE ]

How much benefit does this give you? My immediate reaction was that it was an awful lot of trouble for an extra two or three seconds of low engine-load oil pressure time, but I guess there must be more to it. Maybe it has something to do with the dry sump system?

Hi Chris,

I have a couple of cars with accumulators.
One car has a wet sump and its accumulator gives protection from surge as well as giving oil pressure before engine start.
The other car is dry sump and the accumulator is pretty much just to get oil pressure before engine start.

Tim.

[ QUOTE ]
BRM pin-drive wheels Custom off set

Best wishes,

Robert

[/ QUOTE ]

What size tyres are you running, looks like 16inch 255's?

They look very correct!

Regards,

J.P

P.S I'm still drooling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Robert Logan

JP,

They are 16" and 255mm. . We made the centers ourselves with slightly longer spokes to keep everything in proportion. I am very pleased with the "LOOK" and also the size, decent breaks etc.

Well as a foot note this beast took its first breath today. The final spanner check was done this afternoon and we drive her on the road tommorow for the first time. The traction etc will be set up also and tested but I will need some medication to sleep tonight as I will drive her tommorow and I AM EXCITED !!!!!!!!!

I have told the owner and he was very pleased. A LONG project with a GREAT outcome. I will give my opinions tommorow.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert Logan

Thank you for all the nice comments. Yes they are Chris's valve covers. The splitter is our own and does work. The fire system lines are only plastic coated and have a metal sheeth inside.

Now for the GOOD news : I drove her today for the first time. F**k she is quick. I am glad it has all the safety stuff because she is a whole lot more than I am used to. I did not push her hard because we need to give her a retune after we ported the inlet manifold. I was more interested in the traction, ABS, launch and of course those BIG breaks. Everything is fine and I just love those breaks. We turned off the ABS and the breaks lock, but with the ABS on whow!!!!!!!

I will give you a full report soon.

Best wishes,

Robert

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Well I'm known to be a bit of a stirrer so here's my 2 cents worth.ABS/Traction Control/Launch no way! The GT40 to me is a beast I like to tame with my skill, not with electronic aids.To be honest I think most racer guys would be faster without them. My humble opinion of course.
Ross

[ QUOTE ]
And the stereo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whose pedal box is being used?

Ian

Back