Allen English's Race Car Replicas Build

We have ignition !!!!................:pepper:

Allen English first start video: YouTube - RCR40 Allen English first start.AVI

Fran Hall put our first start up video up on youtube today.... Man it's sweeeet! Fran said that the engine fired right up the first time. That's what I like to hear, and the very reason we went with the DynaTek Injection.

What a fantastic Christmas present!

Thanks Fran and RCR crew.

Awesome - btw, I think your transaxle was left in gear :D

Chris, Thanks :thumbsup:

I still have to meet you one of these days. Maybe we can find time after the new year to meet. I'm also looking forward to seeing your cool cars.

Merry Christmas

Looks like I will get my completed RCR this January 2010. I am one for taking lots of pictures so no worries there. I plan to do a walk around video also.

I will let Fran post pictures of the cars departure from his shop when the time comes and if he would be interested in doing the honors of the unavailing.

Chuck

Supporter
Allen:

Saw you car last week. It is coming along very nicely. Fran and his crew are doing excellent work. Took a bunch of detail photos, in part to see how they addressed various issues. Attached are a few.

Attachments

• English3.JPG
    English3.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 481
  • English4.JPG
    English4.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 502
  • English6.JPG
    English6.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 1,692
  • English11.JPG
    English11.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 513
  • English14.JPG
    English14.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 476

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Is that the oil pressure sender, mounted remotely? I have to do that as well; the sender is too big to clear the block at the front where it screws in. I used a remote line, now we just have to make up the mount. Which may look a lot like that, now that I've seen that one :)

Chuck

Supporter
Yes, Jim, it is mounted remotely using a short lenght of stainless line. That was one of the really good ideas I saw on Allen's car. My sender is mounted on a really solid straight pipe (not the thin brass that comes with the unit) and it clears the AC compressor (barely) but the set up shown in the picture is much more elegant and avoids some spacing problems.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
..... and the very reason we went with the DynaTek Injection.

I was looking for specs on the Dynatek injection system mentioned earlier in this thread. I may have missed it but does Dynatek Racing have a website? A quick search turned up a kit car article but no website for the Ohio based Dynatek. Plenty of stuff for UK Dynatek that looks to specialize in motorcycle injection.

Anyone?

Best,
Kelly

Allen:

Saw you car last week. It is coming along very nicely. Fran and his crew are doing excellent work. Took a bunch of detail photos, in part to see how they addressed various issues. Attached are a few.

Thanks for the pictures Chuck. Starting to get excited about our next trip out to RCR this month.

I was looking for specs on the Dynatek injection system mentioned earlier in this thread. I may have missed it but does Dynatek Racing have a website? A quick search turned up a kit car article but no website for the Ohio based Dynatek. Plenty of stuff for UK Dynatek that looks to specialize in motorcycle injection.

Anyone?

Best,
Kelly

Kelly I believe they calling it Dynaformance now.
See this link > Dynaformance Fuel Injection

I thought I would mention we decided to keep the fuel lines low key plus I wanted to stay as period correct as possible. Fran has been able to take my vision and make it reality, by keeping this car build along the lines of a true sixties race car. Some cars tend to loose there way and ad too many modern updates, but it looks like Fran Hall and crew was able to overcome my modern updates and keep the theme hidden. Bravo Race Car Replicas Crew!

I am looking forward to Fran posting an updated completion thread on his RCR Forum later this month if he wants. At any rate any further updated post by me on our car will be posted on the Race Car Replicas section in the future.

Allen, I guess you and your wife will have to come up and see me in the GT40! :) I want a ride!

Bret - It sounds like a road trip is in the makings for this summer then. :thumbsup:

Qoute by: Larry N. Johnson
Are those Webers?

Hi Larry, welcome to the GT40 Forum.

No not webers, but the new DynaTek fuel injection system. From the few people I know that have this system, I have been told they are very happy with it.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Funny you should mention the fuel lines...I've spent some time looking for fuel line material that looks somewhat like the old stuff but has more or less modern ends. I found some in Pegasus and some in Jeg's. I just didn't want the look of modern Aeroquip items- they work great and all, but the look was somehow not right for a car with 1960s styling and accessory items. Glad I am not the only one on that.

All the original stuff is available, at a huge price, plus it is probably not as safe as the modern kit. Close is good enough for me.

Hi Jim, Yes close is good and safe is important. Finding the right balance that will work for you is what really matters by the days end.:thumbsup:

Chuck

Supporter
A few more pics to wet the appetite . . . .

The oil temp sensor is located on the adaptor plate - good place for it.

I like the way the wire ties were used to secure the brake reservoir hoses - very neat. Last pic

Attachments

• English2.JPG
    English2.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 397
  • English7.JPG
    English7.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 405
  • English13.JPG
    English13.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 438
  • English12.JPG
    English12.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 418

Chuck

Supporter
Funny you should mention the fuel lines...I've spent some time looking for fuel line material that looks somewhat like the old stuff but has more or less modern ends. I found some in Pegasus and some in Jeg's. I just didn't want the look of modern Aeroquip items- they work great and all, but the look was somehow not right for a car with 1960s styling and accessory items. Glad I am not the only one on that.

All the original stuff is available, at a huge price, plus it is probably not as safe as the modern kit. Close is good enough for me.

Jim: One option is the black nylon covered hose with black AN fittings (rather than the red / blue). The hose will handle high pressure and temps. Got the benefits of a modern system but a bit more subtle / sixties looking. The hose is pricey, but that sort of goes with the turf, doesn't it? Check Summit or Jegs.

Back