Allen English's Race Car Replicas Build

Curious what they painted/coated the bottom side of the rear clip with...

Are you having the RCR boys fit the car with Canards in front? (tape on front fenders)

It does look rather proud sitting there...

Not sure what they used for the underside rear clip coating. And as for the stuff on the floor I'm really not sure about it. I am having round lights put in the lower part and the marker lights placed out like Dean and Mark and the RCR display cars.

Made a wheel center for my RCR40 today and also got a replacement shift knob that may get a little mod done as well. Talking with A.J. he gave me the Grant Billet trim ring and Horn button part number that would fit the RCR steering wheel that comes with my car. I got the GRANT #5870 and did some grinding on the horn button to make a recessed center for the GT40 Decal I got from Chris Martino a while back.

My shift knob came from flatchat (Chris) the quality is great. Tim Dutton turned me on to this little gem. I am thinking about using the pictured Ford emblem for the top of the shifter by countersinking it in the top of the knob. What do you think? Maybe I should just leave it alone?

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I think the shift knob would look really nice with the Ford logo embedded...

I have the same steering wheel clamp and emblem.. One fine day I'll mount it in the car! :)

Ron McCall

Supporter
Very nice Allen.
What is the knob made from? Is it wood or something else that looks like wood?
How much does Grant charge for just the center?
I have one that I got with my steering wheel (along with the GT40 center badge) that I would like to get rid of.

I think I will wait until I can fit the knob to my shifter to put the Ford logo in it.

Very nice Allen.
What is the knob made from? Is it wood or something else that looks like wood?
How much does Grant charge for just the center?
I have one that I got with my steering wheel (along with the GT40 center badge) that I would like to get rid of.

The knob is wood and can be gotten from flatchat "Chris" and the Grant center was $25.95 + shipping from Summit.

Looking great Allen.

Remind me again, is that color Rolls Royce blue?

Yes it is.

Larry N Johnson, first had Street Rod Painter put it on his Factory Five and I just fell in love with the color.

Here is my Factory Five with the paint code.

english3.jpg

english5.jpg

The color really pops in the sun.

Allen

Having visited RCR last week i had a chance to see your car, The color is just great.
you will get a very nice car.

TOM

Tom Thanks

I look forward to checking in on our car soon. In fact I am looking into air fairs as I write so I can make a visit to the RCR shop once again soon to have a first hand look myself at the cars progress.

Yes it is.

Larry N Johnson, first had Street Rod Painter put it on his Factory Five and I just fell in love with the color.

Here is my Factory Five with the paint code.

english3.jpg

english5.jpg

The color really pops in the sun.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

The only way it could be any nicer........

.........is if it were lexus indigo ink pearl :laugh:

;)

EFNFAST Ink Pearl is nice.... Your FFR sure looks great!

Anyone up for a first start YOUTUBE video of our RCR40 Turn Key Build by Fran and his talented crew???

I know we are :kid:

Fran told me they plan to do the first start this Monday and he mentioned that they would video record it for me. If he doesn't put it on his youtube site I will probably put it on mine after he sends it to me.

We have ignition !!!!................:pepper:

Allen English first start video: YouTube - RCR40 Allen English first start.AVI

Fran Hall put our first start up video up on youtube today.... Man it's sweeeet! Fran said that the engine fired right up the first time. That's what I like to hear, and the very reason we went with the DynaTek Injection.

What a fantastic Christmas present!

Thanks Fran and RCR crew.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

What a Monster!!!!

Congratulations Allen! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back