Another 917...this time RCR

A few pics to show the progress of the 917.....

These are pics of the second chassis being built .....from original prints no less and many many hours of research.
The chassis dimensions are a match to the original 917 chassis...

Also the body prior to being final surface sanded and more moulds being done....

Spectacular shape and as close to real as you can get...

well done Brad...(RCR body and mould magician)

Attachments

• Frame_01 (Small).JPG
    Frame_01 (Small).JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,659
  • Frame_02 (Small).JPG
    Frame_02 (Small).JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,554
  • Frame_03 (Small).JPG
    Frame_03 (Small).JPG
    66 KB · Views: 2,510
  • PIC00006 (Small).JPG
    PIC00006 (Small).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 2,516
  • PIC00007 (Small).JPG
    PIC00007 (Small).JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 2,450
  • MVC_001F (Small).JPG
    MVC_001F (Small).JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,552
I love the 917. I am looking forward to seeing a few built products. Between that, the GT40 and the P4 there is just something very cool about 60's and 70's race cars. Cool.

JW

Fran, did u ever had the opportunity to have a look at the kraftwerkz replica of the 917 for real?.
Images

From the pictures looks really nice, but maybe for real it is not.

What are the main differences from your (I think nicer) car? (maybe a lower price?..seems they sell the 917 at 180.000 USD..but I may be wrong)

...Just curious:D

thx
Paolo:)

Hey Fran, I really enjoyed you taken the time for our lenghty discussion regarding the RCR917 several weeks ago. I'm planning on being in Detroit end of Jan to come by and look things over and maybe give you a deposit! That is if my 5'11" frame can fit! As we discussed I have a 2.8 MFI with RSR cams motor that has been setting in a crate for 15-20 years. After some research I can sell it and for the same price buy a newer engine with more HP. I'm more leaning towards a 993TT instead. Is there room for the dual intercoolers on the rear naca ducts? How would the exit air though the intercoolers be routed? Rear fender wheels? Also can you please refresh my memory on the tire sizes you have from Avon? You also mentioned Goodyear may have somethig close?

Thanks again for your time,

Last edited:

Keith

Hi Fran, just curious but on your marvelously symmetrical 917 chassis construction there is one part that is obviously not. Just curious is all.....

Attachments

• PIC00007_(Small).JPG
    PIC00007_(Small).JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,882
RHD and thats the seat belt anchor bar.....as the Kremer boys did it.....!!

The 917 chassis looks symmetrical but there are in fact many tubes that bisect without symmetry.

You are looking at an unfinished chassis..so dont be too quick to jump to conclusions Keith... ;-P

Last edited:
Martin,

thanks for asking...

We have been working very hard on both of the 917's and I will have another 917 offering that will be very appealing to many.....

I will post more details tomorrow.....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dang - Now that is gonna be one very sweet machine!

If only I hadn't drank all my milk as a boy..

Just call me - TOO-TALL with BIG-FEET! ((sigh))

Hey Fran:

You're 917 looks like an absolute stunner. I had my heart set on a GD T70 last time we spoke, but you're giving me thoughts. Will your 917 be available w/an LS motor?

Paul

Fran:

Any update on the 917 project?

Jim

PS: After two GTs, it may be time to try and squeeze (literally and figuratively) into a 917.

Jim,

I will be posting pics on Monday....the bodywork is just superb....

The mono is close behind...but the Superlites have been selling well and have taken over the the surface plate for a few weeks....

Back