Anyone know anything about this GT40 derivative?

I saw this on a French website. Car looks very similar to a 'modern' day GT40, Ford GT excluded. The model is a 2002 VBM 4000 GTR.

DECOUP%20400%20grey.jpg

1.jpg

VBM%20dessus%20(2).jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
I'll bet it is a GTD or a KVA that someone has attached a lot of scoops, vents, and wide flairs onto. Seems I recall someone discussing this here a couple years back.

Ron

Ron,

Could this be the carbon fiber car from Germany(photos posted here a while back)? I seem to remember that car having a roof intake and vented front fenders.

Bill

Ron Earp

Admin
That could be it too, I'd forgotten about that one. I don't know how to search for it since I can't remember the people or the name of the car.

R

Ron McCall

Supporter
It's amazing how much this car looks like the Factory Five GTM "Supercar"

Attachments

• 61100-4604.jpg
    61100-4604.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 273
Pantera Ron,

I think you're onto something there. Not only are the vents ahead of the front tires identical, but also the hump at the base of the windshield. Lots of other similar body cues too. Maybe there was some VBM involvement in the development of the FF GTM, a purchase of the design, or just some simple plagiarism.

Bill

In the mists of my memory the VBM was built using some parts from a GT40. I think it was the doors, windscreen and side windows also the front hatch.
The owner had I think a real forty and spares and incorporated them into this car.
Regards Allan

Man, this thing looks great. To me it looks like MK1B on steroids.

I would trade mine up in a heart beat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back