Assembling a Monocoque

fine to hear you're still in the game of those lovely GT40.

sorry to hear about that engine of your other 40...hope its ok now.

Rune

Supporter
The engine was rebuild by a local mecanic that normally works and tune V8 so the engine came back better then new.

I have done the work with the pedal arrangement, it is now completed and as far as I can see not to bad. But it was lots of work to make it from scratch.
On top of the pedals I put anti skid material , a 3M product used outside on helicopters

Attachments

• IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 1,060
  • IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 1,035
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 1,137
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 1,237
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 1,211
Dear Rune

nice work on the pedals.

A comment to the antiskid. Makes sense to me on brake and clutch pedal, on the accelerator i would like to have a more sliding contact patch in order to get a smoother sliding action.

just my personal preference
TOM

Rune

Supporter
Tom. Thanks for Reminding me , I was not thinking this way, I was blind on that the pedals should look good. It will be removed with help of a heatgun tomorrow :).
Rune

Rune

Supporter
Here we are again working steady . Started with the electrical, bought a complete set of looms for the mono no instruction drawings inside hmm I found one drawing on the forum + some pictures but with looms with color and drawing with numbers I struggle I worked some weeks with a lucas color scheme , but I had to ask out in the world for help, and got a very nice person that wanted to help me . He new a lot about the electrical in these cars , and now it is almost complete just as the original cars was . Even the stoplight override is active. What a good forum with people that want to help .
After painting the chassis I have started to put things together. I made the fuel cap assembly and are no starting to put it in the machines to complete the final work with them.

Attachments

• IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 743
Last edited:
Hi Bune!

Thanks for sharing your progress.
It would be great to see some global pix of the mono.

I would also be curious (even if I know this is not your business) to learn what ever hapenned to the chassis built by Goran.

Thanks a lot

Olivier.

Rune

Supporter
Olivier This is a chassis I build at Gorans factory Goran have sold almost all his mono chassis now .
I had the Norwegian authorities visiting my garage due to my request to get allowance to build and register my gt 40 . They had no negative comments at all regarding my project.
I will come with more pictures .
Rune

Rune

Supporter
I have spent many hrs on ebay and other places to look for a fuelvalve, but with some good pictures I vent out in my garage and spent some hrs there and here are the result. Still some minor to do before put in car.

Attachments

• 338.JPG
    338.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 781

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I found an original one in England and bought it. They are very hard to find. I think you made a very good decision. It looks great.

Did you make the pedal box frame casting? It is very nice, looks exactly like original.

The first time I saw the exploded view of the pedal box in the original GT40 drawing that I have, I almost quit the entire project right then.

Rune

Supporter
Jimbo, the pedal box is from a original mould like everything else to this car. Otherwise it is impossible to rebuild within a lifetime :)
Rune

Hi Rune,

Nice to see You have some progress :) Good work.
I hope we see soon, when next time collecting car from Goran.

I noticed You wrote few days ago "Goran have sold almost all his mono chassis now".
We bought 6 years ago 2 spaceframes, 1 mono (still waiting) and plan was to buy one mono more; I understud that one was the last one. Did Goran more mono`s or are there cancelled deals leaving monos free for re-sell?

Back