B.O. Supports Mosque near ground zero.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Most people that I have known, that were as unhappy with there country as Jim seems to be, immigrated to some place that they could be happy!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by Bud

Seriously, Bud are you happy with what the last administration did for/to our country?

We bow too much to this Muslim bullsh1t!!. . .we change our ways, feed our kids halal meals in school canteens. Hell we just built the taxi drivers at the airport here a prayer room complete with a foot washing facility. . .because its a bad omen to pray when you have stepped in the filth of westerners or some rubbish . . .they even had some muslim guy come and pray while they poured the slab and he tore off a corner of the koran and placed under there . . i'd have preffered a swift kick up his backside as he bent over and put him in there too!!
We go to their country and we'd get beheaded for thinking they could possibly put up with our ideas and beliefs

Bud, give is a few examples of "most of the people I have known" who immagrated some where else because they were unhappy with our country.

I'm not unhappy with my country, I love my country, what I hate is what the concervatives have done to it. Judging by the last few elections, most of America agrees with me.

You remind me of the conservative matra of the 60's "America love it or leave it". That was a crock of shit then and it is a crock of shit now.

The only people I hear with your attitude are the tea party people, they loose an election and want to revolt, sessed from the union, overthrow the elected govenrment, use "second amendment solutions"!!

That is about as un-American as you can get, in a Democracy some times you win, sometimes you loose, and as you know so well, sometimes when you win you loose!

That makes it sound as if armed tea partiers are storming D.C. .
I've heard no talks of revolution of such from them !
If I understand the tea party , it is not about loosing an election , more about loosing America , in their view . And what they are doing is no different than what was done by the "left" . That is rallying people to their cause .

We have a Republic , not a Democracy . Or maybe had .
And I believe you are right , "sometimes when you win you loose" , fundamental change may loose us all a lot .

It's not about Liberals and Conservatives ; It's about you controlling them , not them controlling you !

The very fact that this conversation exists means that you are paying more attention to what is happening . Now get over left and right politics , use some common seance , have civil conversations AND LETS FIX THIS !!!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Frank3,

I have to agree with alot of what you say, but I guarantee there is such talk at tea party functions. It could be that the news programs that you have seen do not show shuch unAmerical activities. But I have seen them.

I absolutly agree that the, right is acting just like the left in the late 60s' and 70's. Only the very liberal could win primaries and for that reason with the exceprion of four years of Carter we had Republicans from 1968 until 1992.

I'm afraid that unless the right can rain in these folks, were going to have a lot of Liberals around.

Anyway Frank I like your looking at both sides, we don't get to much of that around here.

Welcome to the pahrana club.

Catch this if you think business believes Bush ruined the economy.

How The Unemployment Crisis Has Swept Across America (VIDEO)

Couple of comments:
- ruined the economy - from zFacts.com, the start of the Bush huge deficits began after 2006's Democratic congress
http://zfacts.com/p/318.html
Do your own graph analysis.
- two useless wars:
= Afghanistan - I think all of us know what happened on 11 September
= Iraq - yes, we should have waited until more info intelligence was given on nuclear weapons
- tortured hundreds - possibly but most were suspected of being terrorists
http://www.warhw.com/2009/05/04/us-torture-statistics/
http://rt.com/Top_News/2010-08-13/obama-promise-torture-ban.html
- diminished the US's standing in the world - the only ones I know who were ashamed of being American during Bush's time were two women from Chicago. While most of my non-US friends were not big Bush fans, most are now very unhappy with BHO
- biggest deficit in history started however many of us thought the stimulus package, nationalization of the car, bank and insurance (AIG) was a good idea at the time. Note the stimulus was proposed in October 2008, however initiated in February 2009.
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=317827

Now back to the thread.

Last edited:
Well as some on here might already know; TODAY the developers are meeting with Gov. Christy and others about moving the Mosque (developers are on record for being open to moving the site). Nothing to report yet as the meeting has not taken place as of now.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
- two useless wars:
= Afghanistan - I think all of us know what happened on 11 September
= Iraq - yes, we should have waited until more info intelligence was given on nuclear weapons
- tortured hundreds - possibly but most were suspected of being terrorists
.- diminished the US's standing in the world - the only ones I know who were ashamed of being American during Bush's time were two women from Chicago
Part of a post by Domtoni

Domtoni,

Your answer about Afganistan "we all know what happened on 11 September" That was nine years ago, The criminal leaders of Afganistan were roused in the first few months.

Domtoni, you said

"tortured hundreds - possibly but most were suspected of being terrorists"

Possibly? Are you kidding, possibly!!!!!! They not only filmed this torture they alowed these films out!

Domtoni you said "but most were suspected of being terrorists"

So that makes it ok? What a load of crap!

Only two woman from Chicago were ashamed of being American during Bush's time. Domtoni another load of crap. When I heard of the torture I was ashamed, most Americans were ashamed.

I have often wondered why it is that the conservatives are called the “right” and the liberals are called the “left.” <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><O:p></O:p><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top>By chance stumbled upon this verse in the Bible: <O:p></O:p><o:p></o:p>
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) <O:p></O:p><o:p></o:p>
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left
.” <O:p></O:p><o:p></o:p>
Yep, that’s it! <O:p></O:p><o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Garry

Pat

Supporter
Part of a post by Domtoni

Only two woman from Chicago were ashamed of being American during Bush's time. Domtoni another load of crap. When I heard of the torture I was ashamed, most Americans were ashamed.

Just for the record, Michelle Obama said in February 2008 "For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I'm Really Proud of My Country"
She was born in 1964 so that would make her age 18 in 1982. So that would include the term of Bill Clinton now wouldn’t it? There are those that have said the joining together as a nation after 9/11 was one of our nation's finest moments. That bond seems to have been replaced by partisian, racial, ethnic divide. It should be noted (again) that the Congress and the White House are controlled by Liberal Democrats (who took control of congress in 2006 and the White House in 2008).

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Veek,
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Welcome back to the fray.

There are also that said the joining together as a nation after 9/11 was one of our nation's finest moments. That bond seems to have been replaced by partisian, racial and ethnic divide.
Part of a post, posted by Veek

Yes our country was brought together in a way reminicent of Pearl Harbor.

As you say "one of our nations finest moments", for a time we were all in this together, this bond was destroyed by President Bush2, outrite lies and fabrication of evidence that led us into a totally unnessisary war in Iraq and the tourture.........

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Veek,

I know this is off topic, but when you left our discussion a while back you never answered the question:

Veek, what did you mean when you said "Perhaps exposing this is the motivation of Mr Breitbart".

What was Mr Breitbart motivated to do?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Pat

Supporter
Veek,
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Welcome back to the fray.

Jim, I've just quit commenting on the racially divisive material posted as I consider it offensive. The rest is fair game as noted in several recent post's I've made.

Interesting that you excluded Obama's war in Afghanistan, the fact that Congress authorized the war in Iraq, and the liberals opposed the surge that turned it around. I would also conclude that Sadam Hussein's mass murder and torture should have been allowed to continue as preferable to the water boarding done in the Bush years. I've been water boarded as part of survival training in the military and it is certainly not pleasant but I'm here today. I suspect that would not be the case if Uday and Qusay had fed me into a paper shredder.
You also fail to correct your error as to Michelle Obama's inclusiveness of the Clinton Administration as to her lack of pride in America.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Veek, the Congress did authorize the war in Iraq, after being shown missleading, half truth, out of context lies by the Bush administration they did authorize war. It was a mistake.

I think by this time we have all learned never to belive anything from a concervative source.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Veek, What error, I never mentioned Mrs Obama

So Veek, you get caught making an error by saying what you really know to be true and suddenly you consider even the discussion of the slandering of a good person to be offensive. Give me a break.

Last edited:

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Yes Veek, the Congress did authorize the war in Iraq, after being shown missleading, half truth, out of context lies by the Bush administration they did authorize war. It was a mistake.

I think by this time we have all learned never to belive anything from a concervative source.

By inference, I would take it that you do not hold the same view of "liberal" news sources?

Jim, You are obviously a liberal zealot and your constant protestations that you are merely trying to strike a balance against the blatant conservatives who post here makes me want to puke.

Like Veek, I have also decided against posting on any of this stuff - you bring to mind that old saying, "never argue with a pig, you'll just get dirty and the pig likes it".

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pat,

There have been numerous posings on this site from concervative sources that were taken out of context, missleading and out right fabrications. These are the kind of things that led us into WAR!!!!! What I said was the truth. But obviously "you cant handle the truth".

Can you name anything like that from the "normal" news sources?

You folks post missleading, out of context lies and you have the nerve to call me a pig?

Most people stopped calling people names in the fourth grade, GROW UP!

Back