Best license plate for a GT40?

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi all

We were very lucky as we were able to get the plates we wanted for all three of our 40's.
As we are only allowed 6 letters or numbers we wanted GT40 with our initials which we were able to get

Mine is: GT40DT

Simone's is: GT40SK

Davids is: GT40DD

In NSW we are allowed to order our plates, if the combination wanted is available, and put them in storage with the RTA till the cars are ready for a minimal yearly fee.

As soon as we get Simone and David's cars finished the plates come out of storage and will be issued to those cars.

Should be interesting to see three identical GT40,s together with those number plates.

Dimi

Fortunately nobody else had it.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 427

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Rich - I almost spit out my Pepsi when I read the bottom plate... I RUV IT!!!!!

Hello chaps, I would say this is the best reg plate that anyone with a GT40 could dream of. This is an original number issued by the vehicle licensing authority in the UK during 1960's "GT 40"
I hope I've attached the picture correctly as not used to all this high-tech lark.
This reg number was for sold a few months ago in the UK - I have no idea how much it went for but last time it came up for sale a few years ago it sold for around GBP68k.
Now it is sitting on this original GT40 which I beleive has a chassis number 1009.

Attachments

• GT40 p1009 plate.JPG
    GT40 p1009 plate.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 335
Hi Steve

Ironic, my previous GT 40 plate was MY GT40 as well and my current one is GT 40.

The GP at the end is for Gauteng, South Africa (or locally referred to as "Gangsters Paradise"):laugh:

Attachments

• DSCN0314.jpg
    DSCN0314.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 241
  • GT40_plate.jpg
    GT40_plate.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 228
Heinrich...you need to post more photos of your car. Looks very interesting from the back. Lets see the whole car and interior shots too. I can never stop looking at other 40's. Some come up with stunning ideas and versions.

Ron Earp

Admin
From a distance they all like the same. For those off track spirited runs. Got the idea from an old Gumball Run car.

Ironically, with computer searching they are some of the easiest to find. Not many plates have a lot of the same digits like four eights, three eights, and so on. So as John E. Law you call the DMV, get a list of plates with "it's got three eights, or three nines in there, maybe three B's, on some low fast car" get a list of plates with those attributes, then pick the one of the list that isn't a "normal car".

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Would someone explain to me why BO11 LUX is considered cheeky? Apropos of the above posting. I am embarrassed to say I don't get it.

Back