Best time to visit Canada advice please

Hi, just looking for the best time to visit Canada next year, we were thinking of the last three weeks in Sept to avoid the crowds but our daughter has just returned from her honeymoon and the weather was a bit iffy. The other alternative is the end of May beginning of June. Think the intention is to visit Toronto Vancover Rocky Mountains. Any advice on weather and what we must see gratefully received

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Whoa...Nick, that's a lot of travel. Toronto weather is generally good through end of September. The Canadian Rockies are to me spectacular year round, awesome in both summer and winter. Vancouver weather is like Seattle. A few months of awesome in the summer and then chilly but not cold and wet the rest of the year. Calgary is really hot in the summer if you are using that a jumping off point for the ROckies. Cool town though. Think Denver with a slight accent. I'd also highly recommend the other side of the country. The Maritimes in May June can get a bit chlly but the weather can be awesome too and Nova Scotia and Newfoundland are beautiful,epsecially St. John's.

In September things are starting to cool down in Vancouver and the Canadian rockies....you'll need a jacket in the rockies. July and August are awesome - warm weather, not cold at night, longer days to see the amazing views and sunsets. A drive up to Whistler from Vancouver is very scenic and spectacular. Capilano Canyon is interesting to see but can get crowded. VRBO's downtown are nice and not too expensive. Granville Island is crowded but worth a look too. You'll have a great time.

I live an hour north of Ontario Toronto its strating to get cold if you dont like the cold Id say stay away from comming Oct to May lol...I lived in Vancover for couple of years as well its not nerly as cold as Ont.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"...we were thinking of the last three weeks in Sept...The other alternative is the end of May beginning of June."

I live just South of Vancouver, B.C., and therefore can state from experience you OUGHT to be 'safe' weather-wise anywhere in the Pacific Northwest within either of those time frames. But, July/August is unquestionably the best time of year for the warmest, driest weather...as is the case anywhere along the 49th parallel. Obviously, the further away one gets from those two months, the cooler the temps. Pack accordingly! Crowd-wise, it would depend on where you might want to be and what you want to do.

You might want to Google the average temps/weather conditions for any given locale in any given month you're planning to be there. That should aid you in both the traveling schedule and 'packing' departments. ;-)

I live in Ontario and would suggest May/June time period to visit. Weather is usually warm and sunny mid 20's, days are longer and everything has greened up. My favorite time of year. Scott

Thanks for all the advice

I live in Ontario and would suggest May/June time period to visit. Weather is usually warm and sunny mid 20's, days are longer and everything has greened up. My favorite time of year. Scott

Scott,

Thanks, that was the conclusion we came to nice to get it confirmed. I have managed to get the last 2 weeks of May off just need to get the first week in June now, but that because it will mean more than 2 shifts off requires a directors approval :( role on retirememnt :)

Back