Big thanks to Fran and RCR

I had to attend a work seminar today and was not aware that the course location was 5 minutes from RCR. After the seminar I stopped at RCR without giving any notice to Fran. Fran and his crew welcomed me into the shop and Fran even took an hour out of his busy day to show me around, answer all my questions and show me some special builds that our in progress and coming in the future. I can see why he is so highly respected. Thanks to Fran and his crew for the great day.:thumbsup:

Well Mark, did you leave your checkbook at home? The shop visit was what convinced me to start the SL-C. Like a kid in a candy store for sure!

It is just like being a kid in a candy store and yes I did leave the checkbook at home since this was a totally unexpected stop. Actually I explained to Fran that I am still at least 2 years away from beginning my build which did not make a difference to him. Wish I could begin the build today, but I would then have to cut corners, but if I wait a couple of years corners will not have to be cut and I will be in a position to build the car of my dreams.

Mark,
You will enjoy working with Fran as he is a stellar guy. don't put your build off too long for Life will come along and get in the way. I know from first hand experience. My build is goin on 7+ years thanks to teenagers who destroyed my budget more than once. Had enough to actually build the entire car when I started. My build log is an interesting story in itself.
http://http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/13742-drb-5-a.html
My suggestion is to get the basic car when you can and build it as you go, adding funds as you can. You will be surprised at what will come along or happen as you build it. You will take detours along the way due to oportunities, and Life interjecting its way also.
Frran came to my rescue uninvited to help out with my disc brakes and hubs for my C-4 uprights. He is that kind of guy. If your spouse is ageeable, get what you can, when you can, even if it is just parts here and there. If you decide later you don't want to use them you can always sell them here or on ebay. The build is where the fun is. You can't put a price tag on your labor. Your abilities will grow as you and the car progress.

Bill

Mark,
You will enjoy working with Fran as he is a stellar guy. don't put your build off too long for Life will come along and get in the way. I know from first hand experience. My build is goin on 7+ years thanks to teenagers who destroyed my budget more than once. Had enough to actually build the entire car when I started. My build log is an interesting story in itself.
http://http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/13742-drb-5-a.html
My suggestion is to get the basic car when you can and build it as you go, adding funds as you can. You will be surprised at what will come along or happen as you build it. You will take detours along the way due to oportunities, and Life interjecting its way also.
Frran came to my rescue uninvited to help out with my disc brakes and hubs for my C-4 uprights. He is that kind of guy. If your spouse is ageeable, get what you can, when you can, even if it is just parts here and there. If you decide later you don't want to use them you can always sell them here or on ebay. The build is where the fun is. You can't put a price tag on your labor. Your abilities will grow as you and the car progress.

Bill

Bill,

Best to get rid of those annoying and expensive teenagers. They really do hamper one's lifestyle. I believe some recycling centers are now accepting teenagers. While you're there you might be able to fish some scrap copper out of the recycling bin, and then later sell it back to the center so as to have some more money to finish up the build!

Bill,
I do not have the skills or garage space so I am planning on having Fran do a turnkey build. Wish I could begin the build today, but to do it right I have to wait on some investments that are currently tied up.

Back