Bill's CAV #193 Build - Canadian Made

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Neil, I was just about to look at there site. In looking at the pic, with a bit of work use one handle to pull into the center like some overhead shop doors use.

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Stuck waiting for paint so I thought it was time I unpacked a Christmas gift the better half gave me about 12 years ago and get building. Self employment, no room and no grand kids = no ambition. But now it's time to design and build up a 4x10 sheet of plywood for a slot car track. Will be fun having the kids over to smash everything up. Boy am I ever out of date! Could it be just for us old guys?

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Still waiting for the paint. In the mean time and a lot of thought about getting the AC lines forward. I am building my own tunnel. It was an idea I had quite a wile back and then a suggestion from WALT that I make one, it would be in keeping with the dash. It will be higher than CAV's to make room. Spent the weekend making cardboard templates for it and modifying the engine cover/fire wall to clear the AC comp. and bypass hose at the water pump.

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
My first start attempt will be after I fit the spider, hopefully for the last time. The dash is installed and will be plugged in while upside down and I have some help to drag me out of the car and when I am satisfied it fits nice with the base of the windshield. lots of whens, This will stop soon as I have called for an inspection, An MVI where I live, in order to register my VIN and get papers required to purchase insurance and plates. I may do it on the 50th anniversary win for 1075.

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Getting a little bit done. Door latches,door handles,interior paint and carpet on the fire wall. The carpet was ordered over the phone after I sent a sample of what I wanted to the supplier. The only thing, my sample and the new stuff had in common is that they are black. I think the stuff was made for fur lined panties and Porsche interiors, peed of I was. It'l go on the firewall only. A template for a new console, a little taller to accommodate AC lines.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Not a lot of progress, I made a plate to cover the area below the engine cover that, for a change, IT FIT. I was across the street with my buddy/fabricator and took a couple of pic's he doesn't know about. As you can see we spend way to much time drinking TIM HORTON's coffee, an american company that used to be a Canadian icon. That's Canada for you, just give it away. It's tru doe. I spaced the engine cover out 7/8 of an inch to clear the AC clutch and will fit a foam seal to fill the void. And NO that wasn't a fixed pic of the garbage can.

Attachments