Bill's CAV #193 Build - Canadian Made

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Hi Carman, I sent you a reply PM the other day, I guess you didn't get it? I do have the console, shifter and park brake boots with trim rings, but I have cut it on the rear to match the fire wall and the front to end at the pedal support. I made a new one taller, to fit the AC lines. Where do you live, If the freight cost is high I will take it into consideration. Or better yet make me an offer and it's yours.

Last edited:

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Spent yesterday taking all the rad fan stuff apart and redoing things to make room for the nostril to hinge. No need to find a place to set it down every time I open the clam. A little work and I will be able to use 69/70 Mustang louver hinges and a gas strut.

Randy V

Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I was looking at something similar on my car sometime back. I came to the conclusion that I would have to hinge the nostril panel at the front or I would have to cut too much material from the bottom of the nostrils (close to the rad & fans).
My thought was to implement hidden horse-shoe hinges at the front of the panel, underneath it all.. Similar to hood hinges on a Cobra or rear deck hinges on most cars.
I never executed either plan before selling the car - but thought the ideas here may help.

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Randy, I never thought of under hinges, If theirs enough room for them? Putting them on top on the front would cause a snag.
I now have about 5/8 of an inch room.

Bill Kearley

GT40s Supporter
Inspection time, tomorrow, Monday at 2PM. If all goes well the inspector will take his paper work with him and process then send me copies that I will send to a guy in Vancouver that will apply to the government for a registration number using the VIN that is on the Gulf/CAV tag on the tub. That may take a while, not sure how long. When I get that paper work back from the motor vehicle branch I can walk into an agent in town and come out with licence plates.