Bin Laden dead

The picture being circulated is a fake. However the US Armed Forces have verified through Osama's DNA that it is truly his body that they have..

Paybacks are hell though and I feel like we may have cut only one head off of a two headed snake. They will lash out at the entire western world and it will likely be soon...

Randy, I completely agree. To those people it will be a case of "The king is dead, long live the king", and another will take his place....

Randy and Graham.

Spot on, I expect his death will make no difference.

Our leaders have already said the war on terrorism will go on, so they must expect others to take his place, as you can't have a war without another side to fight.

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm not too happy about the body being buried at sea. That is simply opening the door for doubt and stories to arise. No Body = No Death to a lot of people and now we'll have to put up with OBL sightings, US conspiracy stories, and so on.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ron, Molleur,

Your first posts about this great event are to find fault?

That reminds me of the quote:

If Obama found the cure for cancer, some would blame him for ruining the health care industry.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I'm not too happy about the body being buried at sea. That is simply opening the door for doubt and stories to arise. No Body = No Death to a lot of people and now we'll have to put up with OBL sightings, US conspiracy stories, and so on.

Ron,

I saw him today at Buger King with Elvis. They were sharing an order of fries...........

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron, Molleur,

Your first posts about this great event are to find fault?

That reminds me of the quote:

If Obama found the cure for cancer, some would blame him for ruining the health care industry.

Jim, it isn't all about Obama. Really, it isn't. I'd have made the same statement no matter who was President of our nation.

In my opinion it is a foregone conclusion that OBL being killed is a good thing and the US armed services are to be commended. I just question the rapid disposal of his remains in a rather unorthodox matter because it is going to invite all sorts of doubt casting on OBL's death.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jim, it isn't all about Obama. Really, it isn't. I'd have made the same statement no matter who was President of our nation.

In my opinion it is a foregone conclusion that OBL being killed is a good thing and the US armed services are to be commended. I just question the rapid disposal of his remains in a rather unorthodox matter because it is going to invite all sorts of doubt casting on OBL's death.

I agree!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Just announced its Muslim policy to bury the dead within 24 hours of death. Its called political correctness on our part.

Ron Earp

Admin
Just announced its Muslim policy to bury the dead within 24 hours of death. Its called political correctness on our part.

So now the right-wing-Obama-haters are going to state that because Obama is a Muslim (popular propaganda) he made sure that Osama was buried properly.

Look out, it's coming!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
My prediction is that OBL recorded videos stating he is still alive so they could be released after he's dead... let's see if they come out of the woodwork.

However, they have access to enough of his family members to establish clearly that it was him that they killed, so for reasonable people it isn't going to be a question. For unreasonable people, nothing will prove it anyway, so what's the use...

Several of the Muslim nations have long seafaring traditions. Hard to believe they don't accept burial at sea. I have to say that it would stick in my throat to have to read a service over that SOB's remains, someone must have gotten the short straw.

I'm betting there WILL be photos, not the ones that are out now, but I bet there will be.

And finally, I'm glad there was a firefight. I'm glad he's dead. I would have grudged the expense and time of a trial. There are some people who are just taking up space and shouldn't, and he was one of them. Fish food is the appropriate end. I just hope they sewed a side of bacon in there with him.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
And finally, I'm glad there was a firefight. I'm glad he's dead. I would have grudged the expense and time of a trial. There are some people who are just taking up space and shouldn't, and he was one of them. Fish food is the appropriate end. I just hope they sewed a side of bacon in there with him.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> [/QUOTE, Posted by Jim

Jim, I agree 100%, I'm glad it wasn't a big bomb with no warning, this way he had time to realize what was happining and had time to be very scared. In retrospect, he had to be afraid or he would not have hidden so carefully!

The ocean grave does not leave a place for his followers to make a shrine.

ps, I like the bacon idea!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Molleur,

We just returned from lunch, in celabration we had a toast to his death and a ham sandwitch:)

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Funny that, thinking about it, i also had belly pork and beans lunchtime.
There must be a God guiding my unintentional actions !
But tell me, what do i do with this guy i've been sheltering all these years, with a rag around his head ??

The 'burial at sea' serves 2 purposes, I believe (whether they actually put him in a shroud or cut him to pieces to feed the sharks), viz. to not provide some location that future terrorists could use as a shrine or rallying point and, more importantly, to appease the percentage of the billion plus Muslims in the world who may be sitting on the fence re. the West by not giving them (and the rabble leaders looking to lure them) a reason/excuse to join the other side.

Here's some good info on the SEAL team:
NJ: The secret team that killed bin Laden - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The 'burial at sea' serves 2 purposes, I believe (whether they actually put him in a shroud or cut him to pieces to feed the sharks), viz. to not provide some location that future terrorists could use as a shrine or rallying point and, more importantly, to appease the percentage of the billion plus Muslims in the world who may be sitting on the fence re. the West by not giving them (and the rabble leaders looking to lure them) a reason/excuse to join the other side.

Here's some good info on the SEAL team:
NJ: The secret team that killed bin Laden - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

+1 Mike the last thing we want is a shrine as a rallying point.

Back