BMW Augmented Reality - - - WoW ! ! ! !

They also forgot to replace a whole bunch of parts in the process which were perfectly fine in the first place (as many dealers do)....

Oh i see oportunities for more workshop japes. Working past a workmate obviously in the middle of a tricky procedure and saying 'next step...next step...procedure complete!!!!' And then sit back whilst he tries to converse with his headset...

Is there a filter for swearing?
Will it offer helpful advise about how it is easier to fix the same problem on a different model of car?
Will they synthesise the noise of 'sucking air in through teeth'
Will you still be able to hear the workshop radio?
Does it automate the setup procedure for sabotaging the car to enforce a dealer re-visit for an un-related chargable procedure.
When the customer complains, will the work shop manager pass you a headet so you can argue with the system.

Would this also mean that as the procedures are now performed with the utmost efficiency that labour costs will drop from the usual £90 an hour?

And the governments wants you to scrap cars that can be fixed and fettled at home...hhmmm who donates to the parties i wonder

Well, guys, the next step is a biochip in the brain and a USBHub
Total control ! Nice idea ey. The perfect on- off mechanicle man.

Greez, Mike

Keith

Well, guys, the next step is a biochip in the brain and a USBHub
Total control ! Nice idea ey. The perfect on- off mechanicle man.

Greez, Mike

Nah - it's already been done. Michael Schumacher was the prototype...

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
My point of view is that BMW needs badlyl this in that we almost broke the bank on constant repair billls for the 325i. The last bill ($2600 for an A/C issue under the dash) was the last straw. My wife cried (she loved that car), but she agreed enough is enough, and told the service manager she thought she was buying a BMW, not a VW. Anyway she is very happy now with the IS350

Ivan

Lifetime Supporter
gotta be fake, as to merge where something is in reality, and overlay VR imaging is pretty hard..... things like light and dirt throw most VR stuff off.

motion capture (i.e tracking real objects moving) is usually reserved for hollywood etc and usually takes something with abit more processing power than a pair of shades lol

Keith

gotta be fake, as to merge where something is in reality, and overlay VR imaging is pretty hard..... things like light and dirt throw most VR stuff off.

motion capture (i.e tracking real objects moving) is usually reserved for hollywood etc and usually takes something with abit more processing power than a pair of shades lol

I know nuttin' about this stuff but couldn't the specs have wireless connection to a heavy duty server? This is BMW with huge resources with a lot of time on their hands, after all, they're not making many cars at the monent..

I know nuttin' about this stuff but couldn't the specs have wireless connection to a heavy duty server? This is BMW with huge resources with a lot of time on their hands, after all, they're not making many cars at the monent..

Errrr...Keith...sorry for being the smart ass here but this technology is very real and almost ready to operate. The system (not VR itself) was developed by the Fraunhofer Institute in Darmstadt/Germany almost a decade ago and BOSCH in 2003 already made it a part of its workshop technology program (hardly anywhere to be found, though).

BTW, still fighting with my seats "wink"...

Keith

Errrr...Keith...sorry for being the smart ass here but this technology is very real and almost ready to operate. The system (not VR itself) was developed by the Fraunhofer Institute in Darmstadt/Germany almost a decade ago and BOSCH in 2003 already made it a part of its workshop technology program (hardly anywhere to be found, though).

BTW, still fighting with my seats "wink"...

Hey Marcus.. Guten Tag..I believe I believe! It wasn't me it that didn't, it was that shifty Ivan character (must be a Russki in deep cover} :laugh:

I have an idea for you. If the bottom doesn't fit the seat get a big hammer! (for the seat not the bottom :stunned:)

So at the end of the day if you read the workshop manual you dont need to spend all that money developing a pair of sunglasses.
Sunglasses looking into engine bays you wont see a thing ,I think BMW has to much time and money on there hands ,probably from raping bmw owners on parts prices.
They would be better making their product more reliable like the japs and Koreans.

Jim

So at the end of the day if you read the workshop manual you dont need to spend all that money developing a pair of sunglasses.
Sunglasses looking into engine bays you wont see a thing ,I think BMW has to much time and money on there hands ,probably from raping bmw owners on parts prices.
They would be better making their product more reliable like the japs and Koreans.

Jim

I think you have a real point there.
But just think what this could do for air- and spacecraft technicians, where there´s no margin for errors.

Ron Earp

Admin
My point of view is that BMW needs badlyl this in that we almost broke the bank on constant repair billls for the 325i. The last bill ($2600 for an A/C issue under the dash) was the last straw.

This sort of service won't decrease the repair bills, it'll increase it. And dumb down the technicians even further.

Anyway she is very happy now with the IS350

Great choice, much better car. My wife and I test drove one and I liked it a lot - good drivers car, high quality. Definitely much better than BMW's offerings these days, in my opinion.

Back