Brisbane - Paradise?

This is for Pete to confirm. In today's UK Sunday Times it mentions that in Brisbane, Australia, there are seven single women to every one single man. It is not fair that they have that and year round warm weather too. If I was younger (and unmarried) I might consider emigrating!

Chris

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
First, let me say that I have been very happily married for over thirty years and have absolutely no interest in other women........:thumbsup:

I do however have a sales force of thirty young blokes and will do some research with them and report back.
I think the newspaper may be stretching the truth a tad.:rolleyes:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
O.k. quick survey done, it seems the ratio is correct for women over 40,
but the 18 to 35 group are scarce on the ground. So it seems Brisbane may well be the Cougar capital of the world.

According to a recent article in Brisbane's City News, the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) 2006 Census results shows that there are approximately 23, 000 more single women than men in Brisbane! However, in the 25 to 34 year old age bracket the statistics show that there are 6500 more men than women. Go figure.

And this ratio of men outnumbering women in this age bracket is consistent in every inner-city suburb. The greatest difference is in the CBD where you'll find 1000 more single men than women. It's not until a women gets to 44 years of age that women begin to outnumber single men by a substantial number. Moving out towards the suburbs, in the west in Wacol there are 3.5 single men for every woman. :shocked:

Pete,
It's been awhile since I visited Oz, but in 1999 in Sydney, there seemed to be a large group of single women to men in all of the clubs that we visited. That could be a case of the men being tired from work and only the women out on the town, who knows. I did discover what I always had heard, that the ratio of great looking gals (shirlies) to ugly women was unreal. Every place I went I saw the tightest little butts walking around. The few men I saw looked fit too, but as I said, there were a lot of great looking women running in pairs and groups without men. In the clubs, if a guy had the balls to get up and dance, in a matter of a few dances he could be grooving with multiple partners. Of course we Americans just sat there and took in the show. like a good husband, I repoted on the disparity to which my wife stated in no uncertain terms that any future business trips to Oz would be with her in tow. I haven't made it back since! I should learn to keep my mouth shut.
Garry

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Garry, the apparent disparity in numbers is because Aussie Blokes play a game of footy and then go to the Pub with their mates and are then too tired or too pissed to go clubbing. The fit looking blokes you see at the clubs are gay.
Real men play footy in winter and cricket in summer, or go to watch the V8 supercar's, they then go to either the pub or to a mates BBQ.
So they have no time for girls.
Girls can be useful to prepare the salads at the BBQ and pass cold beer, while the real Blokes discuss the finer points of burning the crap out of the sausages, and incinerating the steaks.
Other than that girls should be obscene and not heard!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Pete,
Thanks for clearing that up for us. We American's treat the women the same way...after we are married! By the way, as good as the barbeques are in Oz, we do a fair job in the US. Must be a universal guy thing. I will say the Snags in Oz were the best I've ever had and the selection was unbelievable. I mean they were great everywhere we went. The kangaroo steaks weren't bad either.
Garry

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Reminds me of Strabane in 1970. No CBD, no statistics, and they nearly all worked at the Louis Philippe shirt factory. What fun......

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
This young Brisbane girl would be much better off passing cold beers and salad at a BBQ, than posing at motor races.

Attachments

• 80041.jpg
    80041.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 203
Well, that is all very disappointing Pete. Just goes to show that you can't believe everything you read in the papers - even one owned by an Aussie...Mr Murdoch.

Chris

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Chris - think about spending a holiday in Nottingham. In the 60's it was, allegedly, 4 nymphettes per every 1 stud :pimp: and some say it may have improved since then. :rolleyes2:
It's Junction 25 on the M1 and :daisy:Skegness has an sandy east facing beach, :sunny: some say the night life is incredible, and whats more - it's not all that far away.

Last edited:
Back