Building a RCR GT40

Chet Zerlin

Supporter
Thanks John...those are the “build” wheels they use for assembly. My matching wheels are being stored until the car is ready to ship.

Chuck....you are SO right about that!

Chet Zerlin

Supporter
It's been a while since I posted anything here so I thought I would do a short update that...unfortunately there's nothing to update.
I've been calling Chris @ Craft every couple of weeks and each time getting the same sad news that the remaining parts needed to build my engine still haven't arrived. Meanwhile my son and I are planning on a road trip from NY to Road America in June to race our formula cars at the June Sprints. Since RCR in Fraiser, Michigan is "kinda" on the way there we've scheduled a tentative visit with Fran at 9am (since we are planning an overnight stopover near there) on our way to the track. Hopefully that will work out and if it does I'll be sure to post some pictures of his factory and our car.
Chet

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Chet, I'm in the same boat as you regarding an engine from Craft. It's been 15 months since I placed an order. They keep blaming Eagle for the lack of parts. Not sure if this an industry wide problem or just Craft's. I have a friend who builds custom crankshafts. He's been scouting around and has had no difficulty finding other suppliers with parts. I'll be calling Craft tomorrow for an update and to find out exactly what they are short.
Rod