Carbon GT mono

Urs

Supporter
You always have an epoxy coat on it , we never had any problems in our airplanes or other carbon parts with alu inserts.

Hi Urs, my compliments for the awesome work! Have you calculated how many hours you have put in this project? Did you start with a 3d computermodel, or all in your head!?! How many meters of carbonfibre did you use already? And last but not least, when do you think you wil finish your project?

Again COMPLIMENTS!

Urs

Supporter
I think im now at around 900 hours or so.
And there should be around 200m2 Carbon web on it.
I drawed the ground of the chassis in 3D but only the bottom, for the carbon plates.
To finish the project , i think around 2 years.I hope to start the engine at the end of this year. :)
I can t await to hear the sound like toms trackracer!!.

Here some new pics from the engine mount hinge points.

@ captain ahab jr

You are a F1 engineer?

Attachments

• P4211081 [1280x768].JPG
    P4211081 [1280x768].JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 915
  • P4211082 [1280x768].JPG
    P4211082 [1280x768].JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 953

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Any thoughts, projections or bets on what this car will weigh when complete?

Driveline is what?

I'm thinking all alloy small block Ford and ZF Transaxle... Yes?

Urs, do you think that the handling will be like a modern supercar? Or more like a modernised one. The suspension geometry you have changed right? And how about the positioning of the fueltanks? Will they be like in the original, in the sills? Or do you have a different idea in mind the increase the safety for sideimpact crashes etc? New supercars normally position the between the ingine and drive/passenger, right?

Urs

Supporter
I hope the handling would be more like a modern car , But we will see!! I dont thinkt that everything will work optimal for the first time.
I also studied abot the tanks, but it s not really easy to bring them as low as they are in the original at another point in the chassis , but thats something that i also have to look for. , like many other things as a car build beginner. :)
Yesterday i closed the top of of the engine mount rooms.

Greetings from switzerland.

Re: Carbon GT mono >>> Materialfrage ???

Hallo Urs,

von deinem beitrag bin ich absolut begeistert. :thumbsup: wobei es mir nicht so sehr um den gt40 an sich, sondern um die fertigungstechnik geht.
ich beabsichtige auch ein historisches (renn)fahrzeug zu reproduzieren & befinde mich derzeit erst im stadium der visualisierung am/im pc.
weiters bin auch ich gelernter tischlermeister mit absolutem hang zu fahrzeugen aller art ( ein albtraum ) :veryangry:
während des gesamten beitrags versuchen die mitglieder hier herauszufinden wie genau der aufbau der carbonteile funktioniert, so auch ich :laugh:
kannst du die genaue bezeichnung der verwendeten materialien, Hartschaumplatten sowie carbonfaser preisgeben, oder handelt es sich um ein *betriebsgeheimnis* ?
derzeit fertige ich lediglich kleinteile für meine rennmaschine aus gfk, anfertigen einer positivform aus polystyrol + abspachteln ect.

ich wünsche weiterhin gutes gelingen und freue mich auf neue beiträge von dir, mfg:2thumbsup:

Urs

Supporter
long time ago since my last post.
I had a baby break, now i slowly start to do more work on the gt.
Now we got the dry sump system from aviaid, and i changed the pan and removed the eingine oil pump , i have to do some changes on the engine.
But it works. ;)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Baby Break!!!! WHAT???? Now knock that off and get back to work! :)

Just kidding of course...

Congratulations!!!!

Urs

Supporter
hello together :)
Here some picture of the latest work.

Attachments

• gt40 heck.jpg
    gt40 heck.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 881
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 892
  • IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 860
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,098
Love the video
I was lucky enough to fly a real trick plane similar to yours for an hour at my local airstrip. Great to feel the G forces.
Wanted to go up in the Spitfire but they stopped the passenger flights for health and safety reasons, l enjoyed flying the Gypsey Moth may go up in the Harvard war plane soon.
CAR LOOKS GOOD TOO.
Cheers

Urs

Supporter
Hello Keith

My father is also restoring a T6 with some friends. Look at the pic.

To my gt build.

Most of the strengthenings in the backroom are done.
I have to do now some small cutouts for some tubes and cables.
And i also have to drill the holes for the rear suspension.

Now someone has a good idea for cable shifting kit? And i also search a good pedal system and a watercooler.

Thank you

and Greetings from switzerland

Attachments

• DSC_0835_1024x680.JPG
    DSC_0835_1024x680.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 718
  • IMAG0048_1024x556.jpg
    IMAG0048_1024x556.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 867
  • IMAG0051_417x768.jpg
    IMAG0051_417x768.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 731