Choosing color for gt40 MKI

Pretty much any color (within reason) looks great on a 40. Something to consider is selling the car later on. Lets face it some colors sell better then others. I recently had a salesman tell me my car's color (yellow / black) would be a hard color to sell to a buyer. Of course this could just be an attempt to get the car at a lower price but I believe this to be true to some extent. Gulf Colors on this car look great and sell well...they are also very common. Good Fortune in whatever you chose.

I'm preferential to Linden Green, white or the Highlend Green as earlier posted.
Go with whatever you prefer!

Hi guys just an update on RF0026

After a long battle with my my mind i have decided to go with the Essex wire color scheme. and could not be happier.

It is currently being put together and tested.

I have also decided to upgrade my manifold and introduce and efi with trumpets and filters and coated exhausts.

It is looking really good and just a matter of weeks now :)

i have attached some pics..Enjoy.

Pictures:

Attachments

• car white.JPG
    car white.JPG
    441.9 KB · Views: 577
  • car white 2.JPG
    car white 2.JPG
    438.6 KB · Views: 513
  • back clip.JPG
    back clip.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 524
  • door.JPG
    door.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 558
  • front bonnet.JPG
    front bonnet.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 571
More pictures

Attachments

• main body.JPG
    main body.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 588
  • motor.JPG
    motor.JPG
    466.5 KB · Views: 595
  • dyno.JPG
    dyno.JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 592
  • dyno 2.JPG
    dyno 2.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 597

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Many of the original road cars were painted is various shades of this matalic Blue. This was a very light matalic, nothing like todays paints, I came very close to getting P2264 in a blue like this.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mark,

That's a great choice, there is an Essex 40 that comes to Howard's party, its truly beautiful.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Trev, I came very close to Linden green. So close had a gallon of paint mixed up. At the last minute I went white so I have this gallon of Linden green that I would sell at a reduced rate to someone who was interested.

I'm in the same boat of indecision. Down to two: a green between Linden and Guardsman with a lite metallic or a Blue over lite metallic Silver. Just can't decide... perhaps paint one side green and the other silver or perhaps just two cars...I wish.

Richard

Ed McClements

Supporter
1c524a39-ee7c-4bf1-877b-bed4cd3aeb57.jpg

2f83ec48-173a-4067-9a3d-9781b1dab539.jpg

d1238b7b-db33-488a-95f1-766d896e5b7e.jpg

I've always liked the Brumos race team colours, and thought they'd look good on a GT40. Not a million miles off Eric Dean's car, though his blue stripe is very dark (or is it in fact black?).

Ed McClements

Supporter
@MikeP Err....you guys are heading the wrong way - you're supposed to go up the hill at Cadwell Park. Then when you get to top this happens..

CadwellPark.jpeg

Well, that's probably 1992-ish. Things have changed a lot since then. My riding certainly got a lot better!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
@MikeP Err....you guys are heading the wrong way - you're supposed to go up the hill at Cadwell Park. Then when you get to top this happens..

View attachment 100857

Well, that's probably 1992-ish. Things have changed a lot since then. My riding certainly got a lot better!
Aye but it made for a nice photo. Even though it was frezing cold! (Mine is the white on on the right hand side)
And damn that top section is tight in a GT40!

Ian

Ed McClements

Supporter
Aye but it made for a nice photo. Even though it was frezing cold! (Mine is the white on on the right hand side)
And damn that top section is tight in a GT40!

Ian
You're right...it is a great photo. And all the colours look superb. I have to admit I'm leaning towards white for mine...most likely an off-white, with stripes like the Essex Wire cars or something along those..ahem...lines.

Back