confusing '40 on evilbay

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Being a bit harsh on this poor lad. I took my glasses off, leaned back in the chair, cocked my head to the side, and squinted slightly to definitely see a semblance of the GT.

I spoke to an old guy from the Kent Kit Car club at a show a few years ago. I call him Santa because that's who he looks like, and i always forget his name.

He has one of these cars too, and always referred to it as a GT40. He did tell me the name of the kit and who made it, but, it was name that i didn't recognise and it escapes me now.

I'm fairly sure it wasn't a Dutton though. it's quite clearly not a Tornado or any other GT40 replica. I'll be buggered if i can remember what it is though. £6k starting price seems wishful thinking. You wouldn't be a real GT40 enthusiast if you looked seriously at buying it as such. I should think that most guide dogs would recognise it's not a GT40.

I should think Andy Sheldon has already sent a snotty ebay message asking him to remove all Tornado references from the listing, and no one blame him.

I do like the sun-roof option, although it may increase the likihood that someone may recognize the driver.

So, not everyone may deep it a "plus." :)

I've started asking guide dogs about their favourite cars, now.
Seriously, the identifying elements for a GT40 (assuming car is already low and wide) are the squarish nose openings, the radiator outlets, the doors running across the roof, the dashboard with speedo at an angled end, the ventilated seats, the right hand gear shift, and a homely V8. This car seems to fail on all these identifiers, so cannot be called a replica.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
The only thing I can say is that I feel sorry for the Alfa V6 having to live in a body like that.

As Terry said he had to lean back in his chair and squint, I would have to go down to the end of the block to try and see even a passing resemblance to a 40.

Dimi

Back