Converting a GT40 into a Dino 206SP

NickD

Supporter
Re: German GT40 interpretation

Hi Alex,

I've only just picked up on your build thread. I'm most impressed with your different approach to things.

Are you using Google Sketchup to create some of the drawings ?

Thanks.

Nick.

Hi Nick, happy new year!
I simply use adobe photoshop, and for 3D Models autodesk alias surfacestudio.
Hope this info helps!
Best, Axel

Any updates of your progress?

Hi Dave,

oh yes, I am still working on it, but I have completely changed plans which might upset you guys, so I stopped posting, (ripping a GT40 apart and building something else might not fit in this GT40 forum anymore), but anyway, thanks for asking, here is a pic of the current state.
If you guys want I can continue showing the progress, but it is ok for me if you kick me out of here.

Attachments

• IMG_2443 Kopie3.jpg
    IMG_2443 Kopie3.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 460

Keith

You will never get "kicked out of here" Axel. it's beginning to look very interesting!

Carry on my friend! :thumbsup:

Very interesting design ! Lot of work to come, to get a finished body, I'm afraid... Go on, can't wait to see it completed !

Hi Dave,

oh yes, I am still working on it, but I have completely changed plans which might upset you guys, so I stopped posting, (ripping a GT40 apart and building something else might not fit in this GT40 forum anymore), but anyway, thanks for asking, here is a pic of the current state.
If you guys want I can continue showing the progress, but it is ok for me if you kick me out of here.

Hi Axel,

niemand kickt Dich raus, das ist ja dummes Zeug.

Bleib am Ball, das sieht interessant aus, wir wollen alle mehr sehen.:thumbsup:

Vielleicht komm ich beim nächsten Verwandtenbesuch in HH ja mal ums Eck.

Grüße,

Marcus

Hmmm...thanks for your kind words, guys!
I wonder if you have noticed that this car is not going to wear the Ford badge anymore...
it will be a copy of another iconic racecar from the sixties (will not mention the company name here), so that was the reason I was wondering if I should go on posting here...

Attachments

• IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_2462.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_2528.jpg
    IMG_2528.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:

Papamobil?

Now that is definitely wrong, Marcus ;-)

I'll give you a hint, only 18 built plus a handful reproductions, European manufacturer, pretty successful in the 2 Liter class in the mid-sixties, two or three were raced by the N.A.R.T., an original sells for 2-3 million bucks...got it? ;-)

c'mon guys, don't despair so quickly... ;-)

Here is a pic with an overlay of the car I am going to built.
Do you still think my build fits in this section? ;-)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 408

F...i Dino 206 SP ?

I've seen one last year at Retromobile Auto Show in Paris (the 2014 edition is this week BTW). Took these photos.
So small and pretty, it almost looked like a toy...

Splendid project to replicate !

You could also notice a familiar-shaped nose in the background...

Attachments

• dino1.jpg
    dino1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 357
  • dino 2.jpg
    dino 2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

F...i Dino 206 SP

BINGO! You got it!
Thanks for the pix!

The Dino 206P is indeed a very small car with 13" wheels, I am over 6ft tall and will never fit in there...
But, due to the longer wheelbase of the GT40 frame, which I am still using, my "Dino" will be a 105% scaled copy of the original car, and I do fit in there :)

How did it come to this change of plans...well, I was never really satisfied with the GT40 kit from Poland, the proportions were strange, it was crooked and buckled, some lines did not look ok and the more I cut off the less it looked like a GT40...
For a long time the Dino 206P is my alltime favorite dreamcar, and with the first comparisons I found out the proportions were not too far off my project, so why not trying it?
Hell of a job and a lot of work, a real challenge, but I think it is worth it!
If it turns out like a 206P it will really be an eyecatcher and there are almost no replicas existing except a few expansive alloy body ones...

Well, I'll keep you updated if you don't mind it will be no GT40 anymore...

Last edited:
Back