Covid19 vaccine- report your progress

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Now I have a daughter in the Met Police, and her boyfriend is also a “copper”
they have been told they are not considered front line so need to wait for their age time slots!

ian

They should definitely be ahead of all 'rank-and-file' politicians.
"Continuity of government" my hind foot.

Received my 2nd dose of the Pfizer 7 days ago here in Phoenix. Minimal shoulder tenderness although more with the 2nd dose. A few chills for 2 nights after 2nd dose but no other symptoms.

Mike Pass

Supporter
UK figures
100,000 deaths
6.85 million have now had first jab.
My partner had the first Pfizer jab. Some arm pain and slight headache next day. Now OK. I still have no side effects after 3 weeks with Astra Zeneca vaccine.
Cheers
Mike

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
My folks, both in their 80’s had the Oxford vaccine last week Thursday. Mum had a slight headache the day after, Dad no problems at all.

Wife has now been put on the list of possibles for the jab as she works in NHS hospital lab. Probably this Friday.

Still no idea when I may get listed to get the jab!

ian

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Just took both of my parents today and they have their follow up jab scheduled as well. Went very smoothly once the appointment was made, but the website/process to make the appointment was fairly horrid.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just took both of my parents today and they have their follow up jab scheduled as well. Went very smoothly once the appointment was made, but the website/process to make the appointment was fairly horrid.
Seems to be a recurring theme in regard to horrid websites. The one here in Arizona is absolutely hideous. I spent more than 24 hours continuous save for 3 hour nap and was never able to get an appointment booked for my wife. To me it is absolutely stupid that these states could not have anticipated what the vaccination effort would be and they had darned near a year to build a plan, test and execute it before the vaccines were available...

Pat

Supporter
Wife and I received Pfizer #2. First the good news. Surprisingly there was almost no wait at the county facility and we were in and out in 30 minutes including the post vaccine wait (in case any serious reactions occur). It is amazingly well organized and those administering were terrific. The bad news, what they say about the stronger reaction after the second vaccine than the first is true. No issues on day one after the shot other than minor site soreness. Day two was a different story. We both felt fatigue and thoroughly out of sorts. My lymph nodes on the vaccinated arm were swollen and sore. I also had a mild mid-day headache. Thankfully ibuprofen, an ice pack and working my arm helped a great deal. By day four we both felt fine.
A couple of tips the staff gave us at the vaccine facility are worth noting. First, if you experience any serious reaction, i.e. difficulty breathing, swallowing, accelerated heartbeat etc. go immediately to the hospital. Second, be sure to bring the vaccination record card they gave you for vaccine #1 to your vaccine #2 administration. Copy your vaccination record and keep the original in a safe place. It may at some point be used for travel or other access and a copy should be given to your normal health care provider. DO NOT POST IT ON THE INTERNET or share it with anyone contacting you in an unsolicited email or phone call. It may be an identity scam. And finally, you probably will have some reaction to the vaccine. Most do. A minor reaction is actually a good sign it means your immune system is working and building your protection.

testing site 2B.jpg

Neil

Supporter
I received my second vaccine shot on Wednesday (10 Feb) at noon at the Southern Arizona Veteran's Administration facility. As was the case for my first shot, things were handled swiftly and efficiently, indicating what is possible if politics is kept out of it. I had no reaction to my first shot or the second one. So far, so good.

My wife had her first Pfizer injection about 10 days ago. She felt 'tired' two days later but that could of been a coincidence, no real problems.

Both of my parents had their first Oxford injections some time ago. Father - no side effects. Mother had a headache & fatigue the next day, that's all.

I've heard from several others locally, the headache / tiredness / fatigue, type comments are fairly common. I'm happy to report that in ALL the cases that I know about these effects have all gone within 3 days, or less. As Pat said above, in the unlikely event of any serious issues seek advice asap.

There should be over 15 million vaccinations done in the UK by Monday 15th (the majority first dose only so far, but a bloody good effort)
Looking forward to mine !

Had nr 2 at the Va. A few aches and pains as I was told might happen.Not enough to make me stop doing anything. Its done .5 more days and immunity should have kicked in. Will still mask up and keep distance for the sake of others.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Got my 1st Pfizer shot at the Phoenix VA on 2/4. Arm slightly sore from injection the next day. Zero side effects.. Will get the 2nd shot on 2/25.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
We got Moderna #1 Thursday, sign up was easy and it was a well run operation. I had no negative effect, Frances had a mild headache. Have appt for #2, can’t wait.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...but the website/process to make the appointment was fairly horrid.

We didn't do the website thing.
I called our local hospital at about 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, 2/27...'asked if they had a supply of Pfizer vaccine 'in stock' at the moment...they did...'asked if they had a 'sign up list' and the lady answered, "Can you be here at 3:00 p.m.?(!!!)"........................soooo, by 3:15 p.m. we both had gotten our 1st shots, 'had set up our appointment for our 2nd shots, and were headed home!
It's not known how much "dumb luck" played a part in all that...but, obviously "dumb luck" is a lot 'more gooder' than no luck at all. ;-)

(That said, we'd been on 3 different LOCAL vaccination 'lists' for over month-or-so w/o any luck. Point being; sometimes if one bypasses 'the path well traveled' one might just get lucky.)

Hi,

I received a text today inviting me to book my jabs. From what I had read here in England they are currently doing the 56 to 60 age group.

I'm only just 55 so wasn't expecting the call quite so soon. When I went onto the NHS website they are indeed inviting anyone 55 or over to book up.
So even if you haven't had a call or letter yet & are 55+, you can book yourself in, in England at least. (Don't know if it's the same in Scotland Ian, or if you're old enough even !)

I'm lucky, got a slot 1/2 mile up the road on Friday 19th & the second one is the first week of June at the same place. I won't know which vaccine until I get there.

Keep well, Steve.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Got my first first one yesterday at a CVS pharmacy 30 miles away (Pfizer). Did all the paperwork on line ahead of time, they sent me a text 15 minutes ahead of my appointment, i responded to the text when i got there and was handed my vaccine card. Got there at 4:37, stuck me at 4:48 and i walked out the door at 5:03. They were doing 14 vaccinations every 15 minutes. Could not have worked out better....... 24 hours later, no reaction to the vaccine so i probably won‘t have one.
They suggested that I take a photo of my vaccine card with my phone so i had a handy record of it......something we should all do.....

Back