Covid19 vaccine- report your progress

My wife and I have now had both 1st and 2nd Pfizer shots with zero side effects (except for slightly sore are for 1 day.

Side Note - my wife and I have separate doctors and each told us that taking Vitamin D supplements 1000-2000 Mg is great for your health in general and in particular has shown very good against Covid. We have been very active throughout the shutdown (we live in Orlando so we have been to Disney 20+ times and SeaWorld 10-15 times) and haven't had any issues.

Out of around 6 to 8 million vaccinations there have been 6 female cases of a rare blood clotting disorder.Is it worth taking a look? Absolutely.Problem is this disease and any measures to combat or mitigate or treat it have been completely politicized. The pundits are all over this . A young woman has a greater chance of developing a blood clot from birth control than from the JandJ vaccine.
Im sure they will figure this out in short order. One side will use this to try and condemn all vaccinations for covid.Its a shame but thats where we are.Its already started.
One thing is for sure .All the talking heads that are speaking against the vaccines and spreading new conspiracy theories about them have been vaccinated on the sly.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
This just in from the CDC —
  • New data from the Centers for Disease Control yesterday further demonstrated the efficacy of the authorized COVID-19 vaccines. Of more than 66 million fully vaccinated Americans, just 5,800—or 0.008 percent—reported a COVID-19 infection. Of those approximately 5,800 “breakthrough” cases, just 7 percent were hospitalized, and about 1.3 percent died.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
As I read this morning, there were 6 or 7 cases in over a million vaccinations. The normal rate at which these types of clots occur was something like 5 in a million. Wise for them to withdraw / pause on the distributions for now while they gather more intel...
This just in from the CDC —
  • New data from the Centers for Disease Control yesterday further demonstrated the efficacy of the authorized COVID-19 vaccines. Of more than 66 million fully vaccinated Americans, just 5,800—or 0.008 percent—reported a COVID-19 infection. Of those approximately 5,800 “breakthrough” cases, just 7 percent were hospitalized, and about 1.3 percent died.

...and the CEO of Pfizer announced late yesterday that those of us who've rec'd the 2-shot series Pfizer vaccine will probably need a booster shot within 6 to 12 months of having gotten the 2nd shot.

Evidently Pfizer intends to incorporate a modification TO the 'booster shot' vaccine that's specifically designed to smack down the S. African variant at the same time. Pfizer is investigating / looking into ALL of this presently.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
The news here reported they are looking for volunteers so they can check how effective it may be to have a different second jab. This may be to assist with further roll outs where the availability of the same type for the second shot is reduced.

This may also make the antibody coverage higher.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...and the CEO of Pfizer announced late yesterday that those of us who've rec'd the 2-shot series Pfizer vaccine will probably need a booster shot within 6 to 12 months of having gotten the 2nd shot.

Evidently Pfizer intends to incorporate a modification TO the 'booster shot' vaccine that's specifically designed to smack down the S. African variant at the same time. Pfizer is investigating / looking into ALL of this presently.

The CEO of Moderna has just announced booster shots WILL be required for its vaccine.
Well, whoop-dee-doo.
Big deal. ;-)

What is the Big deal? No one knows how long any immune response will last .That includes immunity from having the disease. Id be more than happy to trot down to the VA and get my booster when they call me.Had to get booster shots for many childhood diseases .Also need them for tetanus. Get a flu shot every year.Also have to get a pneumonia booster every few years.
Im sure covid will just get rolled into the mix. To me it shows that they are on top of it.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

Walt, ya ole goat, ya just ruined my mornin'!
Those of us who've already had the shots REALLY ought not read that link!

An aside:
Yesterday Tucker Carlson made an interesting observation/analogy re: wearing masks to prevent C-19.
He said wearing masks after being fully vaccinated equates to undergoing a vasectomy and then continuing to wear two condoms thereafter.

Neil

Supporter

An aside:
Yesterday Tucker Carlson made an interesting observation/analogy re: wearing masks to prevent C-19.
He said wearing masks after being fully vaccinated equates to undergoing a vasectomy and then continuing to wear two condoms thereafter.
I saw a cartoon that said the CDC now recommends wearing your seat belt even when you are out of your car.....:)

Lol, so if a bunch of people put their seatbelt on, you can take yours off?

Anyway,

Both Pfizer shots done. First shot = zero side effects. Second shot = a little tired for 2 days, maybe some light insomnia, but that was it.

Neil

Supporter
Lol, so if a bunch of people put their seatbelt on, you can take yours off?

Anyway,

Both Pfizer shots done. First shot = zero side effects. Second shot = a little tired for 2 days, maybe some light insomnia, but that was it.
That was the same as I experienced with the Moderna shots.

An aside:
A real science expert that Tucker is.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
An aside:

As a reminder, Tucker Carlson's defense when recently sued for spreading lies is that what he speaks is so blatantly outrageous that no one in their right mind should believe it.

And he won.

I would guess that he doesn't understand that someone wearing a mask after being vaccinated is helping protect all those who AREN'T. If everyone would get vaccinated, we could all get back to normal.

He also might not understand vasectomies prevent pregnancy, condoms prevent STD's.

Well it seems that more & more people are still getting covid after beeing vaccinated, even after their second shot.
Might be the mutated version but in Europe we see it happening.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
A real science expert that Tucker is.
As a reminder, Tucker Carlson's defense when recently sued for spreading lies is that what he speaks is so blatantly outrageous that no one in their right mind should believe it.

And he won.

I would guess that he doesn't understand that someone wearing a mask after being vaccinated is helping protect all those who AREN'T. If everyone would get vaccinated, we could all get back to normal.

He also might not understand vasectomies prevent pregnancy, condoms prevent STD's.

Well, those are your OPINIONS...to which you're both entitled.
But, launching into a rebuttal HERE would be ill-advised (and you both know why)...so, I'm just going to bite my tongue...eeeh...keyboard.
Enjoy your weekend, Gents. ;)

As a reminder, Tucker Carlson's defense when recently sued for spreading lies is that what he speaks is so blatantly outrageous that no one in their right mind should believe it

Nobody should believe that defense, but they did. Works the same way for his broadcast.

Back