Covid19 vaccine- report your progress

Been a few comments in my neck of the woods ( New Zealand ) about those administering the vaccines not aspirating the needle to check for striking a blood vessel while doing so. When we ask why we get a somewhat flippant answer that its not necessary. With reference to myself I have to wonder, but cant get any decent answers, but since having both injections Ive now had several 'Mini Strokes or TIA's. First attack was while out visiting some people. that resulted in my right foot not getting the message and I had to kick it off the pedal to slow down and a ride in the ambo a couple of days later after several more to the main hospital in the area, an overnite stay there & sent home with a list of meds, few days at home and a bout of internal bleeding ( blood thinners ) result several visits to local hospital, then more TIA's and another Ambo trip to Invercargill with 6/7 hr wait in A&E before another overnite stay and then discharge mid afternoon.4 TIA attacks on way home to Gore. Blood thinner meds that were thought to be cause of internal bleed stopped and told to take it easy! Didnt really do that and three days later I just felt better, TIA's stopped and I have not had one since, Some notes, Im 72, I dont Smoke, seldom drink alcohol, live on a lifestyle block ( 30+ acres and steep! ) Cant help wondering if the vaccinne might be a factor, but realise im of an age where shit happens..... Wait & see!! Gotta go dig a couple of post holes. Im sure Ive left something out, ask away!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
First jab no problems ( administered by chinese oddly enough ) second jab slight sore arm initially then after about a week the body went into melt down and had to take a week off work - no energy and lethargic from elbows to fingers and knees to feet went numb and could hardly move for a few days then all fixed itself and back to normal better than ever - no back aches , no arthritis symptoms etc feels like an exorcism has taken place
So! whether its to do with the vaccine or that I contracted something from the "temple of doom" is anyones guess-- as I'd just dismantled a 100 year old shed in the back yard to make way for my new man cave -- and bracing for the next dose
With interest in Howards doctor saying that there maybe a decline in potency -- population control ?? :)

First 2 doses were Pfizer - just minor aches need the injection sight. Then had my booster 2 days ago. This time it was Moderna and they said at the clinic, that anyone over 70 would be getting a bigger dose; 0.5ml compared to 0.3ml before. By the evening I had headache, fever, joint pain in both arms and neck. Couldn't sleep much that night as the pain in my arms kept me awake. Slept on the couch most of yesterday, but still felt tired when I went to bed. Woke up this morning feeling more or less back to normal. It's left me wondering if it's due to a difference between Pfizer and Moderna or perhaps the larger dose. My two sons both had Moderna and said they had strong reactions similar to mine.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Been a few comments in my neck of the woods ( New Zealand ) about those administering the vaccines not aspirating the needle to check for striking a blood vessel while doing so. When we ask why we get a somewhat flippant answer that its not necessary. With reference to myself I have to wonder, but cant get any decent answers, but since having both injections Ive now had several 'Mini Strokes or TIA's. First attack was while out visiting some people. that resulted in my right foot not getting the message and I had to kick it off the pedal to slow down and a ride in the ambo a couple of days later after several more to the main hospital in the area, an overnite stay there & sent home with a list of meds, few days at home and a bout of internal bleeding ( blood thinners ) result several visits to local hospital, then more TIA's and another Ambo trip to Invercargill with 6/7 hr wait in A&E before another overnite stay and then discharge mid afternoon.4 TIA attacks on way home to Gore. Blood thinner meds that were thought to be cause of internal bleed stopped and told to take it easy! Didnt really do that and three days later I just felt better, TIA's stopped and I have not had one since, Some notes, Im 72, I dont Smoke, seldom drink alcohol, live on a lifestyle block ( 30+ acres and steep! ) Cant help wondering if the vaccinne might be a factor, but realise im of an age where shit happens..... Wait & see!! Gotta go dig a couple of post holes. Im sure Ive left something out, ask away!

Wow Jac that does not sound good

Which variety of Jag were you gIven? Astra / Modernam Pfizer etc?

Hope you are over the worst and back up and onthe go again

Ian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Oh no!!!
Please keep us in the loop Jac! My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend!

Wow Jac that does not sound good

Which variety of Jag were you gIven? Astra / Modernam Pfizer etc?

Hope you are over the worst and back up and onthe go again

Ian
Hi Ian, Pfizer and only the first two, eligible for the booster now timewise, but want to have follow up with Dr before having it. At no time has there been any pain or obvious side effects from those initial Pfizer Jabs and even when the internal bleeds were occuring there was no immediate pain. Both times when admitted to area Hospital CAT scans were taken of the old noggin looking for clots etc-( none found ) and none of the attacks lasted longer than 5 minutes.I've never really stopped activity wise and blood pressure is now stable & under 140/90 where 'they' say they want it too be! Bit amused since Ive been told to stop driving for 3 months from last attack which was 16 dec, 2021, asked if I could still operate tractors etc here, yes, fine but dont go on the road!! I fired up the old County with 7ft dia rotary slasher on back, only going for 10 minutes and front wheel fell into an under runner and it charged down a 10 ft bank into a 'fortunately' dry pond. Could not get out under its own steam so I spent the next 4 days with a MK1 shovel digging a ramp on the side of pond to do so. Never a dull moment & the extra exercise does not seem to have done me any harm....

I've had both moderna and a moderna booster. 2nd jab killed me off was pretty much bed bound for a week. Felt like my eyes were going to explode. Had my booster earlier today. Been feeling quite tired and lathargic but otherwise fine. But interestingly enough I've never heard of someone having all 3 injections the same.

Would be helpful if responders in here would state their age and maybe a 1 to 10 scale regarding pre-existing health conditions. Maybe you could type it once, and then copy / paste it into any subsequent response(s).

Crap ... I hit Post before I could finish, and now it won't let me edit. Maybe cuz I'm still considered a new guy?

I wanted to add:

"James' post above about the 2nd jab killing him for a week makes me wonder his age and overall health status."

Crap ... I hit Post before I could finish, and now it won't let me edit. Maybe cuz I'm still considered a new guy?

I wanted to add:

"James' post above about the 2nd jab killing him for a week makes me wonder his age and overall health status."
Apologies Jeff. Meant to do it but completely forgot likewise I can't edit my post. I'm 21 and in food health. Absoluteky pre existing health Conditions. Also in the army so relitively fit. The majority of people I work with have had similar symptoms. I had to take a couple days off work. Not sure if it's the moderna or not. Who knows.

Reactions: ext
Bloody hell can barely type English apparently. Let me re do it.
Apologies Jeff. Meant to do it but completely forgot likewise I can't edit my post. I'm 21 and in good health. Absolutely no pre existing health Conditions. Also in the army so relitively fit. The majority of people I work with have had similar symptoms. I had to take a couple days off work. Not sure if it's the moderna or not. Who knows.

AFAIK aspirating the needle is no longer standard practice for vaccines, though practices in other countries may vary.

Aspiration before injection of vaccines or toxoids (i.e., pulling back on the syringe plunger after needle insertion but before injection) is not necessary because no large blood vessels are present at the recommended injection sites, and a process that includes aspiration might be more painful for infants .

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Well, I’m 66 and in poor overall health. I’m in the US and in Michigan where we have one of the highest cases. I have heart issues and breathing issues. BUT, I still work 7 days a week, between 60-80 hours a week. Covid is not going to kill me, but work might. I’ve been there over 40 years and have worked 6-7 days for a good part of it. I am scheduled for a knee replacement at the end of the month, so if I’m going to get sick I’m sure it will be when I’m off and inactive.
I had the Johnson first shot and the Johnson booster. I had zero issues either time. I took my 95 year old mother with me and she had zero issues also.
Regards Brian

Brian Stewart
Supporter
69 and suffer from heart arrhythmia. Had first two Pfizer shots mid-last year with absolutely no after-effects whatsoever. Had Pfizer booster day before yesterday and had muscle aches, headache, and mild temperature rise for 35 hours, but am now perfectly fine.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Should have added that I am moderately fit (still play competitive sport twice a week).

I've had both moderna and a moderna booster. 2nd jab killed me off was pretty much bed bound for a week. Felt like my eyes were going to explode. Had my booster earlier today. Been feeling quite tired and lathargic but otherwise fine. But interestingly enough I've never heard of someone having all 3 injections the same.

Hi James,

Sorry to hear of your issues with the second jab, I don't know if you sought advice at the time, I think I would have done. The main thing is you soon got over it, although the problems you had did sound a bit worrying.

I think three jabs of the same vaccine is relatively common, my wife had 3 Pfizer jabs. (with no problems).

Regards Steve

Back