Dean's GT-R build thread

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
That IS a huge difference...I do recall mention that the RCR40 could be mod'ed to provide room for drivers over 6'...but (as I read it) RCR's website says the RCR40 is 40.5" in height and the GTR measures at 42"...for only 1.5" of difference the increase in headroom is phenomenal. Could the floor pans be dropped relative to the RCR40?

Just curious if you recall any differences between the two that could explain the magnitude of difference, Dean, since you have experience with both.

Thanks!!!

Cheers!

Doug

Thank you for the height reference. I'm 6'5" 255lbs, and just don't fit into many of Fran's beautiful cars. This just confirms that the GT-R is the way to go!!!

All I can say is that there is a real difference for all of us over 6"2'. The driving position is also not as reclined. There is no dropped floor in this car either. I just wanted to show how big the interior was with my son since he is so tall. The thing to remember is he wears pants with a 34 inch inseam so you will need to know your own body and wear you are tall. I don't want to let this discussion run to long in my build thread but it would be a great discussion in the SLC club house or the RCR forum. If you would start a new thread, I'm sure we could gather a lot of important measurements that could really help other forum members. :thumbsup:

Doug...the old site is long gone.....!!!!

You need to clear your cache...the new site is the only one that's up and active.

The GTR is listed on the RCR40 page under Superlite GTR.
!

FRAN GT-R i cannot see on the NEW site? Have you added it or am I missing it?

I sent you an email about Texas Cobra Rally. HOPE U MAKE IT

Come on guy's, take this conversation off my thread. Ask your questions about the RCR website in the RCR section. I'm sure Fran will help you.

I think I have the gold foil finished up. I'm not going to do the whole rear half of the car but I think I have enough done to do the job.

I also started laying out the fuel system. I still have some work to do there but at least I'm moving forward!

I bought 5 24 x 24 inch pieces and 2 30 ft rolls of 2 inch. I have a full sheet of 24 x 24 left and some sizable scrap pieces plus about 10 ft of the last roll left. I'm sure I'll use it somewhere but I need to get the engine in and the exhaust sorted out to see where it might be needed.

LOOK WHAT THE FRIENDLY UPS DRIVER BROUGHT!!!!!!!!!!

(yes I'm screaming)

This is the new Borla 8 stack for the Coyote. Do you see the Dr. Pepper can? Look at the size of the horns compared to the can! This thing is AWESOME!!rockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmile

LOOK WHAT THE FRIENDLY UPS DRIVER BROUGHT!!!!!!!!!!

(yes I'm screaming)

This is the new Borla 8 stack for the Coyote. Do you see the Dr. Pepper can? Look at the size of the horns compared to the can! This thing is AWESOME!!rockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmile

2nd happiest day of your life - when ITBs show up and you open up the box for the first time

Happiest day of your life - when you box the ITBs back up and re-sell them :laugh:

Alex,
First time I have associated ITB's with a sailboat!!
Dean, also curious about ECU. I believe Jason is controlling ITB's with Haltech.
Loving watching your car develop.
Mike

No worries Alex! I'm a weber guy. This is just a natural evolution. But in the end, I know your right. I will probably sell them. They will cost someone $150k+ but the good news is I will through in the rest of the car! :thumbsup:

Paul and Mike, You really don't have much of a choice for an ECU if you want the Variable Valve timing system on the coyote to work. The Infiniy system by AEM is the only way to go. There are a few other Coyote engines with this system and the Borla 8 stack that have already got it figured out. AEM and Borla have been great to work with and they are pretty fired up about this project.

Dean, does AEM offer a "canned" timing profile to suit the motor? I would think finding the optimal can timing profile in addition to spark and fuel maps would be a helluva lot of dyno work.

I've never mucked with ITBs, but my '92 M5 seems to make them work ok. I gather the shafting has a big effect, compensating for geometry changes from temperature.

That's a pretty big number. Now throw in some Boss heads, more cam lift, Gen 2 stacks and the AEM VVT system then through away the mufflers and you really have something!:thumbsup:

Spud, I'll talk to the owners over at AEM and get an answer for you.

Attachments

• DSCN0045.jpg
    DSCN0045.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 693
  • DSCN0050.jpg
    DSCN0050.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 576
  • DSCN0051.jpg
    DSCN0051.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 598
Back