Electrical or brake line clips

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Spotted these an another forum, they are just what I have been searching for, unfortunately not that cheap @$5.69 each

Cool part, but yes that's a lot of money for a piece of injection molded plastic. I did find them at Summit for a little less... Dorman 800-281 - SummitRacing.com

Digging around I found a place with the same or similar parts for more like $1-$2:

Brake Line Clip - 1 slot - 3/16" brake line clip
Fuel/Trans/Brake Retainer Clip - 4 slots 2 x 1/4" - 2 x 5/16"

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I much prefer the more conventional Adel Clamps.. Found at Brett's link as stainless clamps with rubber insulators. Not only period correct but tested and insisted on by most aircraft manufacturers in the past (can't speak to current)...

Right you are Randy, they are certainly used on modern aircraft. In both ally and stainless. Also they utilize different types of insulating material depending on the fluid or temperature environment they are exposed to.

Mil spec or AN ones can be pricey and aren't really necessary as you can always pull over to the side of the road.

Adel Clamps

Thanks for the links guys, the first link with a the plastic clips that Allan found looks the same as the Dorman, but much cheaper, I have also found the clips under an old Audi 80 are pretty good also about $2 for 10 or more at the local Pickapart, but there is nothing like new parts cause you don't need to spend 1/2 hour cleaning 15 years of road crime off them.
Regards
Graeme

Back