F1 2008

What a fiasco this call is. At least when NASCRAP attempts to throw a race they only spot phantom debris on the track and throw a yellow in the late stages to bunch up the field. I can't imagine them actually throwing the result out completely like this.

This was the most exciting race I had seen in quite a while and I was on the edge of my seat. I was trying to imagine the incredible amount of self control and talent it took to drive those things on dry tires in the wet with no traction control.

I know that LH makes millions of dollars a year. It would take roughly that much to keep me from telling the FAI to pound sand if I was in his shoes.

Thats Fabulous footage; howcome I never saw this on ITVs highlights? Engine soundtrack was great too, much better than the waffle from the commentators.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Martin Whitmarsh said: "Following our decision to register our intention to appeal the penalty handed out to Lewis Hamilton by the FIA Stewards at the 2008 Belgian Grand Prix, we hereby confirm that we have now lodged notice of appeal. Lewis describes the incident as follows."

Lewis Hamilton said: "In the closing stages of the race I was catching Kimi (Raikkonen) consistently, lap by lap, and with three laps remaining I got close enough to attempt to overtake him on the entry to the last chicane. I managed to get slightly ahead of him in the braking area for the first apex of the chicane. He fought back approaching the second apex - but, in doing so, he left no room for me on the inside line. The only way for me to avoid a collision was therefore to cut inside the second apex.

"I came out of the second apex in front of Kimi and so I momentarily lifted-off on the straight, to ensure that Kimi got back in front. The team also came on the radio and instructed me to allow Kimi to repass, which I had already done. As a result, Kimi crossed the start/finish line ahead of me and 6.7km/h quicker than me.

"After allowing Kimi to completely repass, I crossed from the left side of the track to the right side of the track, passing behind Kimi in the process. I then attacked Kimi on the inside of the first corner, and successfully outbraked him."

Martin Whitmarsh added: "From the pit wall, we then asked Race Control to confirm that they were comfortable that Lewis had allowed Kimi to repass, and they confirmed twice that they believed that the position had been given back in a manner that was 'okay'.

"If Race Control had instead expressed any concern regarding Lewis’s actions at that time, we would have instructed Lewis to allow Kimi to repass for a second time."

I have no horse in this race, but anyone who has ever raced anything knows that if you give up momentum to the extent it allows you to fall in behind someone....YOU ARE GOING SLOWER THAN THEY ARE. To say that LH had monentum because he drafted KR down that short straight after giving up said momentum is, well...... Can you say FIA?

For whatever reason LH was simply better on the brakes than KR.....end of story.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
For some reason Kimi was braking extremely early - as can be seen in the video posted above.

I like how LH closed off the over/under move that Kimi tried on him.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
If this report is true, one would have to say bravo Kimi....

"In a sensational turnaround, a flash from La Gazzetta dello Sport quotes defending World Champion Kimi Raikkonen as being prepared to testify on behalf of arch rival Lewis Hamilton at the FIA hearing that will result from Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' protest of the penalty imposed on Hamilton after the Belgian Grand Prix. "I don't care what the stewards said, as far as I was concerned, Hamilton let me by as we passed the pits", said Raikkonen in Geneva today. "I got ahead, I tried to defend the position and the race was on again. My car was for sure very difficult on the prime tyres in the rain and Lewis got by me into the hairpin. That was that."

Raikkonen went on, "For sure, I don't like to lose but I don't like to win through stupid decisions. People say I have lost the love (for F1) but yesterday I showed that second was not what I wanted. There are five races to go and I plan to win them all. I'm not the sort to give up that easily."

Asked if he was prepared to testify to that effect if the McLaren protest goes to the FIA, Raikkonen simply said, "Yes, why not."

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali declined to comment on Raikkonen's statement but technical director Aldo Costa admitted the Scuderia was not pleased. "Our driver has a view but the team believes the stewards and the FIA have all the information they need. We will be talking to our driver during the week," Costa told Gazzetta dello Sport."

the circus run by clowns will carry on,they just keep chipping away at its credibility.we have to the viewer anyway a good and fair race and some pointyhead decides otherwise.
cheers Ali

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'll say it. Bravo Kimi... I doubt that he will get to testify, the powers that be at Ferrari would not like it one little bit.

Russ -

If that report is true then it proves two things:

1) Kimi just wants to race 'fair n square' :thumbsup:

2) There'd be one known honest, decent person currently in the Ferrari F1 empire - however, as for the rest of them..... :veryangry:

I missed the race and it sounded a cracker - just a shame that time after time it all ends up looking contrived. I wonder how it works for anyone who bet on the result.

Pete - I'll bet on you being 'psychic'..:nice:

Well Kimi just gained another fan here.

I make no effort to follow F1 anymore. I only watch races when convenient.
It's just "reality" television now.

Tim.

Someone should setup an anti-bureaucracy department...

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
From what I have read this story was made up.

As much as I wish it were true, I am sure that Kimi would never say that.

If Kimi will say this at a FIA hearing,be sure that someone else will be driving his car for the singapore gp
which makes things good for Alonso to drive the F-car next year

...and cause new Mobil 1 fuel pump station here in front of the shop,I have to look at that F.... :veryangry:silver mc laren every F... :veryangry:day...because they made a special stand with Formula 1 cars (replicas...and its even LH car..damn..:shout::veryangry::shout:) and games for kid.:shout:

My reply...just made all my showacase with all the Ferraris I have here inside :D

Just kidding guys... u wellknow I am not at all a F1 freak:thumbsup:...but later will take pictures with bad finger signs..:D

P.S. It is possible all those mads in formula 1 cirscus do NOT have a gran premio in america???...to me seems just a FOOL decision,thats the biggest and better (show) place where they should work....really incredible.

P.S2...it is true they will also destroy the Spa track and keep newer shitty tracks as new Valencia one?.It is ALL an offense to motorsport enthusiast..and a GIANT BS imho..

Races deceided closed in a room....seems as to see that rich kids, closed in their room, with new expensive technologic toys,in airconditioned and with closed windows......just fools.

Last edited:
no way..they already moved the cars..so no pic for me.

FYI..nobody in Italy is happy for the decision they took versus Hamilton.

We dont like McLaren (Williams has much more supporters than ron dennis, and Frank history is deeply related to Italy),but the decision they took in spa was too hard.

This is to serious for the Jokes forum:rolleyes:

Ferrari international Assistance (FiA)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
own a Ferrari?

Not quite good enough at driving?

Are other boys faster than you in the wet?

Then you need:

Ferrari international Assistance (FiA)

This exclusive Ferrari only membership club has many benefits. Including:

Anti overtaking assurance
Been overtaken? Feel a bit silly? Don't worry, we'll rule out the other party, even if it's embarrassingly obvious that they're faster than you

Can’t drive in the wet?
Can’t cope with a little rain, don’t worry. We’ll ensure that the other party will lose their position ahead of you, ready for your mediocre inconsistent performance to keep you in the championship.

Exclusive access to a secret 'second lane' in the pits
Just to make things a little bit easier we've arranged a private second lane, just for you

Overtaken a car by cutting a chicane and NOT giving back your place.
Exclusive offer for Ferrari drivers – you can decide not to give back the position and we won’t penalise you for it, just like in Hungary 2006

Guaranteed world championship?
Had a crash? Need to win the world championship? Don't worry just limp across the track and take off your nearest championship title contender - we'll do the rest

A bit strapped? Need extra cash?
Simply get one of your team to tell someone else how you make your cars and then we’ll make sure they take the rap.

Bits falling off your car? Looking a bit dangerous?
At Ferrari International Assistance we operate a 'blind eye' policy just for Ferrari drivers

Been a bit silly? Taken off another driver whilst following the safety car?
It's ok, as long as you didn't hurt yourself. I mean, who are Force <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region></st1:place> anyway? And how dare they be in front of you

A bit bored? Want some extra action?
With FIA plus you can take part in a number of additional membership activities

Want to run some illegal aerodynamics?
No problem, as long as the car is Red, you can have flexing wings, or oversized barge boards anything you like!

Has your rival come up with a great idea, before you?
One quick telephone call on our free 0800 number and we’ll make sure it gets banned overnight. No questions asked.

Not sure when you might need us next?
Relax. Check out our track record. We're confident that we'll be able to make something up on the spot that will get you out of any pickle that you might find yourself in

For an immediate response you can call our number free of charge. Our Call centre Staff, Bernard, Max and Charles, are waiting for your call.

Ferrari international Assistance - Making it up as we go along for over 100 years

Good for a giggle?

John

Guys,

Gazzetta dello sport and Ansa reported that Kimi signed with Ferrari until 2010.

Can't believe the story is true.

Best
Dom

Back