F1 in 2011

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper: It was GREAT Baby, even Faili would have got excited. I cant wait until ethics allow us to discuss the results.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
This may have been discussed before, it seems to me that if you have yet to watch the race, just do not open up this F1 discussion!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A great drive from Webber, from 18th to third without KERS! Stick that up ya Marko.:tongue3:
The anointed one on the other hand managed to go from pole to first of the losers:stunned:
Terrific drive from Hamilton, and the look on his face when Webber said he was glad he knocked off Seb was priceless. Not used to the Aussie lack of PC.
Jensen might be a bit red faced after parking in the wrong pit bay. J.B. your guys are the ones in the white not the black.:laugh:
A terrific race with passing going on throughout. One race I will watch again.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
A great drive from Webber, from 18th to third without KERS! Stick that up ya Marko.:tongue3:
The anointed one on the other hand managed to go from pole to first of the losers:stunned:
Terrific drive from Hamilton, and the look on his face when Webber said he was glad he knocked off Seb was priceless. Not used to the Aussie lack of PC.
Jensen might be a bit red faced after parking in the wrong pit bay. J.B. your guys are the ones in the white not the black.:laugh:
A terrific race with passing going on throughout. One race I will watch again.

Thanks Pete. NOW the worst moment of the entire race was when my U-verse recording ended just as Vettle was finishing up his post-race interview and they were turning to Webber for his comments....UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGG! (my wife is seriously reconsidering me watching F1). It was soooo painful!

Potential for a great advert here in the UK.......................

Jenson,................. should have gone to Specsavers! :idea::idea:

No one is talking about what Speed chanel caught on video, Alonzo using his DRS in other parts of the track. I am very suprised that it didn't get called by some steward.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
No one is talking about what Speed chanel caught on video, Alonzo using his DRS in other parts of the track. I am very suprised that it didn't get called by some steward.

The Ferrari International Assistance is already working for the team this year.

Ian

I was quite suprised too! Also surprised that JB did not get a penalty for driving through a competitors pit box.

Thanks Pete. NOW the worst moment of the entire race was when my U-verse recording ended just as Vettle was finishing up his post-race interview and they were turning to Webber for his comments....UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGG! (my wife is seriously reconsidering me watching F1). It was soooo painful!

Uuhhhgg!
Same thing happend to me! What did Webber have to say?
Fantastic drive by Webber and Hamilton.
Jenson was saying he was happy his girlfriend suprised him by showing up for the weekend.....maybe he was 'suffering' from too much girlfriend.

Great race but it's too bad all these 'aids' are required to make it so. It's getting to be a little like NASCAR....hell soon there will be full course yellows for 'fantom' debris :)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Uuhhhgg!
Same thing happend to me! What did Webber have to say?

Can't remember word for word, but basically he said he knew that Seb was his team mate, but was pleased that Lewis knocked him off because it wouldn't be good if Seb got to big a points lead. The look on Lewis's face was priceless.

Did anyone notice the difference in the pits when Hamilton passed someone, everyone gets excited, jumps up and claps.... in comparison, Red Bull, when Webber passed and got to third place, it appeared to be a lot more subdued atmosphere. I absoutely think that Webber did a fantastic job in driving. Very impressive.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
RB politics is almost as fun as the racing at this point. Hate that we've got to wait 3 weeks for the next one though. I wonder how long it will be before Webber does a 'Vettel pass' and takes them both out. I can't help but think that would have been the result had this race been another 15 laps.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso was involved in a mysterious incident during the Chinese Grand Prix when his drag-reduction system overtaking aid deployed in a forbidden area while he was trying to pass the Mercedes of Michael Schumacher.

The devices - known as DRS for short - have been introduced to Formula 1 this year in an attempt to make overtaking a little easier.

Drivers can use their DRS in one designated zone on the track and only if they are within a second of the car they are trying to overtake. The driver defending his position is not allowed to use his device.

The device is enabled electronically by systems operated by the FIA, the sport's governing body. It works by lifting the upper of the two parts of the rear wing, 'stalling' the wing, reducing drag and therefore increasing straightline speed.

In Shanghai, the DRS zone was on the long back straight. It started 750 metres before the hairpin at the end of the straight and ends as soon as the drivers hit the brakes.

But at one stage, while Alonso was still behind Schumacher, television viewers saw the Spaniard's wing open between the hairpin and the final corner on lap 23.

BBC Sport has learnt that an error caused Alonso's DRS to 'offset' on that lap.

That meant it was not enabled until 300m before the end of the straight, and was then available after the corner for a short time.

This meant that he gained no advantage from the situation - in fact it actually caused him a disadvantage - so was given no penalty.

FIA officials are still investigating what caused the error.

Alonso eventually passed Schumacher two laps later, on lap 25, by getting a better exit out of the hairpin.

He finished the race in sixth place. It was won by McLaren's Lewis Hamilton from Red Bull drivers Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber.

Alonso also had problems with his DRS in the previous race in Malaysia a week ago. Then, it stopped working and he was unable to use it for much of the rac

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Kubica will not know if he will get back into F1 for another three months. He has been released from hospital and has returned to his home though the article did not say if it was Monaco or Warsaw or where ever else. His hand was virtually severed in the rally accident and is very weak, apparently.

Back