F1 in 2011

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Mind you, "low average ability" in an F1 car is probably better than all of us put together, we being mostly rather average drivers. Myself, at least.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Graham,
Not really. Just him. Sooner or later, I have things to settle with him. About 3k's worth - which he welched out on. I thought of putting a fatwa on him that he would never be the world champion, and told him so. He kept ringing here telling my daughters I was being unfair and my daughters just laughed at him.
All I can say is he is of low average ability. Just another tosspot.

I seem to remember the occasional inspired drive from Barrichello. When he was in a positive mood things would often go well but when he was not happy with things then things did not go well. He seemed to have no understanding of tactics and pitstop strategy - I can remember several times at Brawn GP he was leading for some part of a race and then could not understand why he didn't win the race followed by some rant about favouritism for Button.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I always liked Rubins, he seems like a good guy. I'm sure he got great rides because he easy going and OK being #2.

As a driver, mid pack.

I would not be surprised if he has the record for team mates becoming World Champion in the same car.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The Independence Party in Britain has condemned the news that Greece is pushing ahead with a partly government subsidised project for a Formula 1 circuit.

Greece's embattled economy received a EUR110 billion European bailout, contributed to by British taxpayers.

Referring to the Formula 1 plans, UKIP spokesman Winston McKenzie said: "We should not pay a brass penny to the bailout while this sort of irresponsible spending continues."

Sounds like a bit of common sense to me but we all know that common sense will not prevail.
I bet they come up with a Greek driver bearing gifts as well......

The Independence Party in Britain has condemned the news that Greece is pushing ahead with a partly government subsidised project for a Formula 1 circuit.

Greece's embattled economy received a EUR110 billion European bailout, contributed to by British taxpayers.

Referring to the Formula 1 plans, UKIP spokesman Winston McKenzie said: "We should not pay a brass penny to the bailout while this sort of irresponsible spending continues."

Sounds like a bit of common sense to me but we all know that common sense will not prevail.
I bet they come up with a Greek driver bearing gifts as well......

David, I agree. I was dismayed to hear of these plans on the radio yesterday. F1 is simply a luxury that Greece cannot afford. Certainly not on MY pound :(

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Barichello has said he is the answer to Williams Gp woes. Oh Really. Will he make the car more competitive? I doubt it - he hasn't done much with it so far. Will he recruit more and better staff? Who would join him? He is talking the talk of someone in his last few months as a Gp Driver. Soon he will walk the walk as well. Out of the door - mark my words...........

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Old news but shows what plebs driver can actually be: Allegedly kraut driver Adrian Sutil 'glassed' (shoved a broken glass into the neck or face or both) one of the Renault team during an altercation in a night club. This is really a terrible crime and is almost, and should be tried as, attempted murder. The proximity of vital arteries is so close to the area and apparently the Auditory (Vestibulocochlear) nerve may have been damaged in the attack which may eventually lead to a myriad of problems.
For this, as a start, he should never drive a racing car again and, secondly, anyone who tries to employ him should be also be blackballed.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I totally agree David, a cowardly thing to do. Apparently Lux has made a complaint to authorities, some more here.

May 13 (GMM) One of the next pitstops Adrian Sutil may have to make could be in court of law, it is reported.
The German driver this week apologised after it emerged he injured Renault team owner Genii’s chief executive Eric Lux during a private nightclub party for Lewis Hamilton’s victory in Shanghai.
Lux was wearing a bandage on his neck in Turkey last weekend amid rumours Sutil attacked him with a broken champagne glass and causing him the injury.
It has also been rumoured Lux required more than a dozen stitches, that he has suffered hearing problems since the incident, and that Force India driver Sutil may have been drunk at the time of the attack.
The French language sport24.com website said Lux “has lodged a complaint and the German driver will have to explain himself in court”.

Keith

If true, I totally agree with David. I've seen too many of these brutal attacks "whilst drunk" in my career in the hospitality os should that be 'hostility' business .

There is no repeat no justification. Jail time should be inevitable for GBH at least if found guilty.

He must be suspended immediately pending an inquiry - these guys are role models to kids and the authorities must send out a message.

We’re going through a scourge of glassings here in Perth too, I’m afraid. Also deaths by king hits.

No excuse for it, in my view. Personal responsibility seems to have gone out the window.

The standard procedure is to state that you’ve realised the error of your ways, you’re REALLY sorry and, by the way, I was abused as a child. That’ll get you off with a slap on the wrist. In the meantime, the families of those you’ve attacked have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

No Lord Carmonts here, so unlikely to change. I worry every time my kids go out.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Formula One Driver Adrian Sutil is currently facing a EUR10 million damages claim by Genii Chief Executive Eric Lux, this according to a media report.

Following news the Force India driver assaulted Lux with a broken champagne glass in a Shanghai night-club recently, Sutil will more than likely have to appear in court as Lux needed 24 stitches in his neck.
Lux will file complaints about the German with the FIA, and his lawyers to announce the action perhaps early this week.
Sutil's Formula 1 super licence may well be at risk if Sutil loses in court.
Lets hope so.

David,

Not to lessen the crime, but it would be highly unlikely the 8th cranial nerve was injured (I taught Neuroanatomy in Medical schools for 14 years and practice Radiology). That said....there's plenty of vital structures in the infratemporal region that could have killed his victim.

Keith

Gosh! I'm pretty glad then that Sutil had the great presence of mind to avoid such a critical area... perhaps he had received some medical training?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently he has problems including balance. That sounds as though the damage is in the semi circular canal area or nerves from it. ? Doc, I wouldn't know to be honest and I bow to your professional knowledge. My knowledge is simply what we were taught in Aeromed training in the R.A.F. and the workings of the ear are of major interest to Pilots. Many came unstuck with disorientaion especially at night, and are now pushing up the daisies through not knowing how any of it it works.

Malcolm

Supporter
Which Dutch driver did time in UK prison for spraying a cabbie in the face with a self protection spray? Finished his F1 career to boot or maybe he was not that great a driver. Will force india sub Sutil out for now? His boss makes beer so needs to act responsibly!

Back