F1 in 2011

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
It was Bertrand Gachot, I watched him win at Le Mans in 1991.

An interesting trivia point came out if his altercation with that cabbie, he was replaced in the Jordan for the upcoming Spa GP by a young German named M Schumacher.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Statement for Force India F1 Team.

Force India Formula One Team is aware of the statements made by both its driver, Adrian Sutil, and Mr. Eric Lux of Genii Capital, pertaining to events following the Chinese Grand Prix.

Although the team continues to monitor the situation, it remains fully committed to its driver line-up at this weekend’s Spanish Formula One Grand Prix.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I guess they are hiding behind the "innocent until proven guilty" thought.
He should be sacked, but I think that would get the contract lawyers involved.

Keith

I guess they are hiding behind the "innocent until proven guilty" thought.
He should be sacked, but I think that would get the contract lawyers involved.

I suppose this will be heard in an "International" Court and I assume that so far, at least, this is going to be a civil (!) matter not criminal otherwise it would have to be heard in China?

I'll bet any money that any drivers contract has a clause allowing for termination if "bringing team/sport into disrepute" but as long as it is a 'civil' matter I suppose they cannot fire or even suspend him.

If this had happened in Europe, US or Australia, I'm sure the outcome would have been very different (for Mr Sutil) and he would be in the pokey by now..

Given that the alleged incident may or may not have occurred in the "People's" republic, it can (possibly) only be dealt with there. If the Chinese authorities wish to act upon any event that may or may not have occurred, then they can go about issuing warrants etc.

But I suspect they won't (or maybe they will).

Any other action, as Keith has pointed out, is going to be Civil. In every legal system I can think of, civil action requires a lower level of proof, but proving the event may rely on witnesses, who may be a long way away, CCTV, which will be in China, other details that may be expensive or impossible to get. Mind you I suppose if the lawyer thinks his client's got enough money, he's got a case!

No doubt Bernie's got himself involved somehow. Frankly, I suspect it might only shorten Sutil's career by a few months anyway.

Note the language of "remaining fully committed" etc. Usually the last thing said before somebody is given the punt, though usually in respect of performance. Oh wait......

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
yawn. Alonso signed with Ferrari until 2016. Yawn.
MORE YAWNS
Ecclestone - the diminutive master midget with the very tall ex-wife - has admitted Schumacher's return to F1 was/has been/ is dissapointing.
I think we knew that already.
Stop yawning at the back !!!

Keith

Well, now we know why Mr Brylcreem has been so, er, nice the past few weeks! That's a few more mil in da bank gracias amigo.

Normal whining service will no doubt be now resumed...

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Photo taken from Bild.de showing scar after Sutil's attack with a glass.
Any Doctors out there to comment on the proximity of vital plumbing?
To me that looks quite close to the Carotid Artery and on the left side the Jugular Vein.

Last edited:

Keith

Hi Pete how is Nanook?

I wouldn't call any neck wound with a glass superficial, but as I commented earlier in the thread perhaps Sutil has had Surgical or even British Pub Saturday Night training and it was just a warning shot.. :)

It is amazing what you can do with super glue. It works great on putting skin back together.

Now, why exactly is Sutil still driving? I thought for sure this would be the end of him.

Because we had a red flag at the end of Q3, did they just let it stand or is there any changes? If nothing else, I'll know tomorrow.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Pete how is Nanook?

I wouldn't call any neck wound with a glass superficial, but as I commented earlier in the thread perhaps Sutil has had Surgical or even British Pub Saturday Night training and it was just a warning shot.. :)
Happy birthday Keith, don't no about Nanook, but if anything like Glacier bay and the inside passage it is bloody cold. Yeah I know the last inside passage you visited was warm and wet.:lipsrsealed:

No spoilers here but:-

1. Hamilton needs to grow up and accept when he is at fault.
2. Vettel is sooooooo lucky sometimes.
3. JB could use a bit of good fortune. Maybe he'll get some as soon as he starts to overtake a tad more (not being sarcy. I just feel that he could be more agressive)...

Just my (fiscally adjusted) 2.3 pence worth.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Well guys,

Another great race, one after another, just great!!

I won't be a spoiler, I'll only say it's too bad about that last safety car, the way the tires were there was going to be some excitement!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Not close to either carotid artery or either external or internal jugular vein....unless you go REALLY deep, which is not all that likely unless you are using a knife and have a clear idea of the relevant anatomy. Fortunately for all concerned...

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Seems that Hamilton has played the race card - not as in F1 race but as in
'of another tribe' when the stewards had a go about him cutting corners. This morning he has 'about turned' saying it was a joke. What did he say?
Along the lines of "They'se picking on me cos I'm black".

Wake up Hamilton - smell the coffee Hamilton.
Another Vettel masterclass Hamilton.
Hamilton - You weren't even on the same planet.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm so pissed off, I could not get a broadcast of F1 in Vancouver. It was advertised to be played on TSN but that channel had 24 hours of the fucking dog whisperer. Lewis is acting like a twat, and playing the race card only denigrates him. I agree David, Vettel gave a master class. He was very fortunate however that the red flag appeared when it did.

Back