F1 in 2013

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I hope Hamilton can get on with Lauda as he doesn't suffer fools gladly. He once asked me to be in his office in Salzburg the following morning (to join his airline when he had union problems) and was actually out as a skipper on the line himself. We were parked alongside each other in Palma and he intercepted me as I was doing the walkround. Tempted ? You bet, but I was also in the BALPA (union) as well.

Keith

That might be a bit too cryptic for some of our 'cousins'.

Sorry, you'll have to speak up mate....

I believe that BMW kicking Merc's ass in DTM first year of running was probably the main cause...

Hamilton and Lauda?

Sounds like a train wreck to me....:uneasy:

Keith

Well, many others seem to think that Schumacher will succeed the Pieman...

Sorry Pete, I'm cockin' a deffun' mate... :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I doubt that. Who are Rosbergs mates? Definitely not Schumacher.
Speed Week are saying Berger and why not? It was Berger who tipped Rosberg
to be world champion once Mercedes get their act together.
I worked for Benetton when he was there with Alesi in 96 and he was often at Le Mans
in the Schnitzer garage. Mark my words: Berger is no fool and in spite of appearing
very easy going, he is a serious and hard task master.
He will take over from the pie man and there might be some serious
arse kicking and a bit of wailing to begin with.
And what of Lauda? He will be there......but as what?

Last edited:

Malcolm

Supporter
Didn't Lauda get a spell at Jaguar and acheive very little? I don't think Lauda is team principal material. Berger on the other hand.....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Big Ron was on bad terms with Hamilton in 2012 and told him he did not have a seat after Sao Paolo. In effect, Hamilton got the boot.
They were from different tribes anyway.

Keith

Proof!

Of the global appeal of F1 in the 21st Century.

Part of a survey from an Internet F1 site....

Improved MATCHBOX, TRADITIONAL HUT? WTF?

Whatever type of 'dwelling' they might be, would that include Internet/TV?

What a strange world....

BTW It is the very worst Internet F1 site!

PF1.jpg

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ross Brawn and Nick Fry may get their marching orders in the next few hours.
Hamilton is looking more and more beleaguered.

Mike Pass

Supporter
What has Hamilton got himself into. Who will be left to run the ship? Who would want to work for Lauda? Hope he hasn't signed up for too long.
Cheers
Mike

Going back to the TV coverage thing, the Beeb covered every race weekend in it's entirety last season. They just couldn't air all of them in the UK because of contractual reasons (Grrrr).
I spent most of last year in Nigeria and managed to watch every race on the Beeb, on the South African network "Supersport", they do their own studio presentation and switch to the Beeb for the track action. If I understand correctly this will continue until 2018, ie the Beeb won't drop F1. Bloody annoying that we can't see every race on terrestrial TV in the UK, even more so when we know it's being covered.

Malcolm

Supporter
Well at least we have Suzi to commentate when they do show F1 here! Not sure how Nick what's his face got in the background though?

Attachments

• suzi-perry-bikini-03040902.jpg
    suzi-perry-bikini-03040902.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 267

Keith

She was on "The White Stuff" this a.m. She looked "very well" compared to this picture if you get my drift...

As for whatisface behind - who's he trying to kid? His head might well be pointing skywards, but you just KNOW where his eyes are at :laugh:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
From the Lotus F1 Team:

World exclusive! Be the first to see our 2013 car, the E21!

Tune in on Monday 28.01.13 at 19:15 GMT for the live launch!

Subscribe to our YouTube channel to make sure you don’t miss out:

Back