F1 in 2013

Keith

Hey, keep your crusties on Mark. I don't think that can be correct, as there is a 'sharing' deal in place until 2018. Of more interest is the speculation that BBC will DROP F1 coverage in 2013, not Sky.

Hope that is wrong because there is no way I could afford Sky anyway and I wouldn't want all the 99% shite that comes with it. As for hooking up the Sky box to a telephone line - you can forget it.

I used to have a box and I called them to report a fault. They told me that the "the box is still reporting everything OK once a month"

Er what? It seems that they send an "interrogation" down the line and receive "information" every month. Quite what that information was they did not seem to want to tell, but I can guess. On hearing that I ripped out the phone and box and threw as far as I could. I still have the dish though, as I couldn't reach it. :)

Far too intrusive - no thanks.

The issue of News Corp (Sky) buying the F1 commercial rights has still not been resolved but as far as I know Expor Sa are an investment group which is said to be "handling negotiations" and the significance of that is that not only are they major FIAT shareholders but the chairman is the grandson of Gianni Agnelli and, by sheer coincidence obviously, is also chairman of FIAT who of course own a majority stake in Ferrari.

All the tentacles are seemingly heading for a similar destination.

I distrust Sky with a passion and if any of the stuff above is true, they & F1 can stick it up their Coanda.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
BBC for me, even if it delayed slightly.
I do not want to pay anything to the Murdoch bunch

If the only screening is on SKY then F1 has lost me as a long time fan.

Ian

Keith

It's OK Ian, even if the Beeb does lose it, we'll be OK, someone is bound to blog a blow by blow account on here anyway.

Now, if they could stream it as well....:idea:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
2013 German GP moved forward to slot in another European raceBy Sam TremayneWednesday, December 5th 2012, 14:47 GMT

1354719117.jpg
The 2013 German Grand Prix has been moved forward one week to accommodate another European race, the FIA World Motor Sport Council confirmed today.
With a three-week gap resulting from the date change, the 21st July has now been reserved for a European-based event. The German event will now run on 7th July.
F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone said on Tuesday that he was working on plans to resurrect the Turkish Grand Prix.
The calendar was left with 19 races after it was announced the planned New Jersey Grand Prix would be postponed until 2014.
Alongside the calendar changes, the FIA announced a number of rule tweaks including the abolition of the qualifying 'force majeure' rule, as predicted by AUTOSPORT last month.
As revealed by AUTOSPORT, the F1 Technical Working Group also agreed to postpone to 2017 the requirement for all cars to be driven exclusively under electric power in the pitlane.
For next year, DRS use during practice will be permitted only in the race-specified zones, while the team personnel curfew will be extended from six to eight hours on Thursday night.
Only two exceptions - rather than the previous four - will be permitted across the season.
The FIA also confirmed a small increase in minimum weight to compensate for an increase in tyre weight, and the introduction of more stringent front wing deflection tests.

Is he vertically challenged?:stunned:

He is of 'average' height per a certain Scotsman.

Wanna bet the Turkey race with its empty grandstands will still somehow manage enough money for it to pay all the F1 associated fees? Or maybe those fees don't exist for this track.....

Keith

Well Turkish Govt say 'No' to GP funding (which the organisers were depending on), so that looks like a non starter, and worse....

Suzi Perry to replace Jake as BBC anchor?

Please God no....well past her sell by date.

Malcolm

Supporter
At least she has motorsport background having been anchor for Motorbike racing in the past. Would explain why she isn't on the gadget show anymore. Wonder if she wear all her leathers as she used to?

I for one think we desperately need a European, a proper European F1 event to bring Europeans back together in peace and love. Where better to symbolise European'ness, than Turkey!

Keith

Your partner thinks you have. Every time you 'break in' a new assistant she says "He's had it now" :veryangry:

Back