Ford France paint codes please.

I,m right in the middle of repairing and respraying the Ford France GT40 and would really like if possible the paint codes for the blue and red striping and the original widths of said stripes.

The car has a wonderful and continuous history but has suffered over the years in various scuffles, both in competition but also with bad repairers and sprayers. Although i have many photos and a video of the car it does not give me anything precise to go on so i ask " does anyone by some fluke have the answer to the above please".

I dare not trust what is on it already.

Thanks and fingers crossed ......

Graham @ GTA.

Graham I have not got the codes but in Ronnie Spains book P1007 was Cirrus White. In 1985 it was restored by Bryan Wingfield.
I hope this helps in some small way?
Regards Allan

Alan,

The white is the easy part and i know what it is. Thats not what i asked for.

I just hoped someone might know the paint codes for the blue and red to save me removing a large flake and getting my paint suppliers to colour match what is on there now.

It may not be correct.

There were two Ford France 40s and this one has definitely not been restored.

Graham @ GTA

Is this 1003? I believe that 1007 and 1003 had their identities mixed up at some point in history! :confused:

Sorry Grahame
Just for information anyway Cirrus White is ICI code PO30/3328.
I did ask Ronnie Spain your query. But it seems that all of Ford France's paperwork regarding this matter is in a private collectors hands. Ronnie has not got access to this.
Regards Allan

Graham,
I have asked one of my colleagues in our Paris office to see if anyone on the off chance would know. If they get back to me I'll let you know.

Brett

Graham,
This is what I got back:

According to Jean-Pierre, this car has been full white when belonging to Ford France. If red and blue paints have been used, it was probably after we sold this car.
Regards
Stéphane

Brett,

Many thanks for your enquiries. Something does not make sense though regarding this reply from France.

In the film i have, and i,m sure many others have it also, called "Un Homme et une Femme", it clearly shows the 40 in full sill and body stripes, the mechanics and the transporter in full Ford France wording and livery.
A good 5 minutes worth of nostalgia filmed in 1966 during "mock" testing.

I reckon i,ll have to freeze frame certain shots in order to work out the correct spacing for the stripes because they are certainly not correct at the moment !

41 years have taken their toll !!!

Regards,

Graham @ GTA.

Sorry can't help with codes, but have photo's from previous restoration which may help you with the stripe spacing.
Hope these are of use.

mike

Attachments

• File0001.jpg
    File0001.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 614
  • File0003.jpg
    File0003.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 584
  • File0006.jpg
    File0006.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 614
91740Gt said:
Many thanks for your enquiries. Something does not make sense though regarding this reply from France.

Graham,
I taken the picture below your reply and forwarded it to France. Hopefully they will understand what I mean more by the pic... I think they may have misunderstood a little :rolleyes:

I'll let you know.

Brett

Ford France colour code

Grahame, I am hoping this will solve your problem. Of course I cannot guarantee this will be a perfect match as I do not know how close the original painter came to matching the stripes to the French National Flag? If you go to this site it gives the pantone matching codes of the Blue and Red from the French National Flag which is logically where the colours were taken from.
http://www.vexilla-mundi.com/france.htm
I hope this helps.
Regards Allan

GENTLEMEN,

One and all.

Many thanks. This really does help. The owner wants the livery to be as raced at LeMans so those latter shots of 1007 (the other ones are of 1003) combined with what we already have are of significant use because they are of the right period.

With grateful thanks,

Graham.

To Marco, Allan, Ron, Mike, Brett, Pantera, Jemster, and anyone else i may have missed out.

Many thanks for your interest and replies. Respray and stripes all completed and car back with owner. Looks the "business" and more or less as it did in 1966.

Loads of detail pictures but this sight will not accept them and i don,t know how to resize easily. I may be OK at many things but computers and the valuable hours they take up are not on my priority list.

Regards,

Graham.

Back