Ford Modular motor?

Will a newer style ford motor fit in to a SLC perferbly 5.4L 4 same basic motor as the GT used expect with a iron block. I just ordered two new blocks and stroker kits from MMR there 5.8L kits, one is going in a stang for drag use, and the other I am looking to put into another car?

How about a big block? I wonder if a big block (either ford or chevy) would fit in it?

.....i keep pestering Fran for a big block 917, but a big block SLC................................ :pepper:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
If the DOHC Ford will fit, a big block will fit. The measurements of the 5.4L DOHC engine is a touch larger than the 460 BBF.

Mmmmm, must resist built big block temptation, especially since I've already 'settled' on a built LS3..............:lipsrsealed:

Alex, you'll be VERY happy with the modded LS3! Light weight, great power, light car too. What else could you want? Wait, I know, all of it!

Last edited:
But....but.....but..............think of the rumble of the big block.....won't somebody please think of the big blocks :drunk::drunk::laugh::drunk::drunk:

//As automotive technology moves forward in time, Alex tries to step even further backwards in time

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
You'll be fine with the LS. I went the the most recent LSx Shootout in Memphis a few weeks back, and there was plenty of thunder out there.

Not only is the modular motor wide, but I'm putting out a pretty good guess that it's about 100 pounds heavier (if not more), than the LS series or Windsor series motors. The temptation was there because it is shorter than either of the above designs (can move the drivetrain forward more), but the weight and width killed that idea.

You need to pop over to jon kasse site and eye up the boss nine motors that he is selling. North of 800 hp on pump gas and visually exciting. Dont settle just because these guys say the general is ok......you know you want the big block!!!!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Yeah, te Ford Mod Motors, at least the DOHC engines, are over 700 lbs. That's the same as a big block. Kasse's Boss Nine engines are friggin insane!!! Intake flow numbers of 500+ cfm?! That thing is going to make some crazy power. I think he offers them with aluminum blocks as well... Might want to do some investigating. Also, the build price of a big block as opposed to the LS series is substantially more. If money is any concern to ya. LOL

But....but.....but..............think of the rumble of the big block.....won't somebody please think of the big blocks :drunk::drunk::laugh::drunk::drunk:

//As automotive technology moves forward in time, Alex tries to step even further backwards in time

Might as well go all the way back to a flat head with Offy mainfold then :) You will never spend so much to go so slow

Attachments

• 0904sr_04_z+ford_flathead_engine+carbs.jpg
    0904sr_04_z+ford_flathead_engine+carbs.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 249

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, you aren't going to big-block that gorgeous '72 Gran Torino, are you :shocked: ?

Doug

Back