Forum Moderation (lack thereof)

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: Forum Moderation (lack thereof) - Paddock Discussion

Back to the Paddock.. My suggestion of it being subscription based would mean that it cannot be seen by the public. Only by those who are forum supporters to some degree.
I have seen this work in other forums and actually has driven some who would otherwise not finanancially support the forum to do exactly that in order to gain access...

That's not a bad idea Randy, essentially to limit the Paddock to forum supporters. Most of the paddock participants are forum supporters anyhow which is a good thing f they really like that area and use it as much as most of them do.

Keith

How on God's Earth did I go from being a wookie to a 'Paddock Spokesperson'?

Sorry, I meant rookie - I was just watching the Phantom Menace..

Ron, EVERYONE should contribute to this fantastic site and especially to the Paddock. I like the idea of a 'hidden club'. We could go on line WITHOUT CLOTHES

It's just another whole level.

Thank you.

Ron Earp

Admin
Yep, you're the spokesperson now and I think we'll make you moderator of that area. Number One, head down there, perform some reconnaissance on the topic and report back.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Keith! :thumbsup:

How does a spat that happened in the all GT40's forum and the SPF forum suddenly become the Paddocks fault?

Good question Pete..

All forums on GT40s.com are moderated. Things in All GT40 as well as the SPF forum should have been moderated more closely in my opinion and as a moderator here, I will take part of the blame for that. Going forward, I will have far less tolerance for the whiney BS and threatening PMs that I've put up with in the past.

IF The Paddock is to be open to all topics regardless of how sensitive they may be, with little or no moderation, within weeks, we will have people back at each others throats. So if you want to have a forum where you are free (*) to have at it with your chums, then you can Support GT40s.com and have access to it.

(*) The posting of private information or threats of bodily harm or other illegal activities should still not be tolerated regardless of the subscription based format of The Paddock. Everything else - no problem..

So why make it subscription based? Because this will close the forum to the outside world and prying eyes. Basically protecting others from rotten language and attitudes that GT40s.com is not representative of..

Ron is the owner of GT40s and he makes the rules. As a moderator here, I use my best judgement to enforce those rules.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't have a problem with any of that Randy,I was just curious as to how something entirely unrelated to the paddock became a paddock problem. I didn't follow the logic. Still don't.
It doesn't worry me one way or the other as I subscribe anyway.

Keith

You might as well ask 'Stonewall' Jackson Pete...

And I think the answer might be "nothing - but lets do it anyway."

So that merits a big old French style :shrug: from me....

Ron Earp

Admin
I was just curious as to how something entirely unrelated to the paddock became a paddock problem. I didn't follow the logic. .

They are unrelated. The topic of this thread shifted to the Paddock when a) people brought up the paddock b) Randy discussed moderation in the paddock as an offshoot to the SPF thread c) key people from the paddock weighed in.

Keith

Ok Leader- results are in.

Poll Sample - typically around 25 with mail comments accounting for 10% of the volume. Submissions were received from USA, UK and Australia. For the purposes of this exercise I am treating DropBearnia and DodoLand as One Nation.

No other countries matter anyway.

Of those 25 only 3 were non supporters.

100% of those polled were against any change in the way the Paddock operates.

A further 100% said that they didn't care what you do with the Paddock as long as it is retained.

A large proportion (100%) feel that the Paddock offers considerably more value than the SPF forum (and others) and that therefore you should refund some of the fees.

Approximately 100% of the sample were at some stage, undecided and changed their opinion depending on whether a person in their "friends" folder had just expressed a different opinion. These voters continued to prove elusive and are thus now known as "swingers". Many of the Paddock regulars are Swingers I believe.

Well sir, I've done my bit - have at it.

Ron Earp

Admin
Number One, take a number two.

10-4, thanks, I'll be back after my business trip is over to install you as Paddock Moderator V1.0.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Bad move Ron, I saw Keith moderate a gardener and a restaurant manager in Lyme. It wasn't pretty mate, not pretty at all. I'm sure the poor restaurant manager is still lying awake at night in fear of a home invasion. The gardener has traded in his blower and gone to live in Pitcairn Island..... That was Bligh not Hardy but you should get my loose interpretation.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
100% of those polled were against any change in the way the Paddock operates.

A further 100% said that they didn't care what you do with the Paddock as long as it is retained.

A large proportion (100%) feel that the Paddock offers considerably more value than the SPF forum (and others) and that therefore you should refund some of the fees.

Approximately 100% of the sample were at some stage, undecided and changed their opinion depending on whether a person in their "friends" folder had just expressed a different opinion. These voters continued to prove elusive and are thus now known as "swingers". Many of the Paddock regulars are Swingers I believe.

Hmmmmm. Why did Yogi Berra pop into my head early on when I read that?

("Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical." - Y.B.)

Keith

Hmmmmm. Why did Yogi Berra pop into my head early on when I read that?

("Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical." - Y.B.)

The poll results were entirely, and in my view appropriately, manipulated by the fundamental Unwritten Law of the GT40.

250 (or whatever) were originally made and there are still just over 300 remaining...

Plus, I tried very hard to make the results look as if the poll was carried out in a professionally analytical manner. I believe herding cats to Albania would have proved simpler.

PLEASE REPLY ON THE 'OH CRUD' THREAD IN THE PADDOCK - NOT HERE.

Last edited:
Excellent work Genral Meltchett - carry on the good work and ensure that you maintain the plan to continue with total slaughter until everyone's dead except Field Marshal Haig, Lady Haig and their tortoise, Alan?

Back