Goodwood Festival of Speed 2009

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Please for the love of God get some pictures!! I hear that Citroen GT will be there, the car designed for Gran Turismo 5. I must have good pictures of that thing, so absolutely wicked!!

You boys have fun!!!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Rug up Pete? :huh: Clocks stopped here at over 90 degrees F yesterday and it's been close to that all week. Guess what though, weather is going to break tomorrow so might be some interesting mud displays @ FOS this weekend. Only the extreme 4x4's will be happy about that... :uneasy:

Mate 90f is a nice cool summer day where Chris and I live, we call 104/105f and 90% humidity getting a little uncomfortable :thumbsup:

Keith

Please for the love of God get some pictures!! I hear that Citroen GT will be there, the car designed for Gran Turismo 5. I must have good pictures of that thing, so absolutely wicked!!

You boys have fun!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder it's true, and that MF looks like it has been through a blender and I vote it to be the ugliest "car" on planet earth.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I would still like to see you wearing a rug in 90f Pete... :drunk:
Keith what I meant was the bloke should pack some cool weather gear as the weather in the U.K. can be so changeable. 90f can drop very rapidly when that North wind blows even in your summer.
And 104 down to 85 90 is a cool change in our summer. when the South wind blows...Anyway Have a great time this weekend and post lots of photos please.

Malcolm

Supporter

You boys have fun!!!

I saw that car when down at Le Mans this year and it is awesome. Some pictures in this thread

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/worldwide-gt40-events/28853-southern-gt-heads-le-mans.html

but if you want to PM an email address over happy to send you all my full sized pictures.

WOW, what a day, I really envy anyone else going sat and sun. Sooooo much to see, we're going for two days next year..Peter Fonda on the Capt America bike, jay Leno driving, DC, JK, red arrows.......sooooo much! excellent day and that was only the friday!

You boys have fun!!!

Must admit it looked awsome in the flesh, made the Veyrons it was next to look a bit ordinary. Couldnt get a good pic as it was swamped by onlookers.
Free model of the car and poster available on the Citroen stand.

40 Years of 917's was a high spot as well, a whole paddock section never seen so many in one place.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
It was a great day yesterday and the weather was pefect with bright sun tempered with a nice cool breeze.

C. Nahum's MKII #1016 made the outing memorable.

We met Glenn Mason with his Southern GT which was also something pretty special.

Last edited:

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter

Attachments

• IMG_8865a.jpg
    IMG_8865a.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 308

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
:happy:Allen,
hint hint :wacky: .......I did post a couple in the "Video and Pictures " buffet.
It was beautiful weather really.......
DaveM

Hi Dave, some pics of "our" Eisert Indy car, ran great after sorting a major coolant leak and no rear brakes on Friday. No surprise it got 1 mile per gallon on methonol, that is a very healthy motor. See you there next year - Chuck willing !

Attachments

• DSCF0765.jpg
    DSCF0765.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF0766.jpg
    DSCF0766.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 301
  • DSCF0767.jpg
    DSCF0767.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCF0820.jpg
    DSCF0820.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF0819.jpg
    DSCF0819.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 256
Hi Frank, what does that car have for an engine?
I hope to have my own Indy car done in time for next year.
I was set back on that by the accident last year but am getting quite a bit done on it now.
I will be posting some pictures of the progress pretty soon.
Dave

Back