Green RCR 40...

UK RCR 40 SVA compliant, now covered 400 shake down miles with no major issues to report.

Porsche GT3 RS green, looks mega in the flesh ( in my opinion ) pics do not do it justice. Please dont hold back regarding your opinion on the colour choice, I know its a bit different....... !!

Once again a big thanks to all who have assisted during the build.....
Special thanks to Fran & Nick Dames for having the patience to help with my endless questions .....

Queenswells Coach Builders in Forfar Scotland who managed to repair my attempts to fit a GT 40 body !!!! and turned out a stunner. Not cheap and almost 4 months wait, but well worth it. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• car sep 09 020.jpg
    car sep 09 020.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 481
  • car sep 09 023.jpg
    car sep 09 023.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 439
  • car sep 09 024.jpg
    car sep 09 024.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 524
  • car sep 09 026.jpg
    car sep 09 026.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 550
  • car sep 09 027.jpg
    car sep 09 027.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,101
  • car sep 09 033.jpg
    car sep 09 033.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 508

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Stew - your car looks absolutely fabulous!!!

I'm sure you're the envy of every gearhead in Scotland!!!

If I didn't see that color on the car I would have said "NO WAY", but it really is a great color and the car looks beautiful. Great job!

You should be very proud, she looks magnificent in green.
I've gone the same route with the black rear le mans grilles and black guerney flap. I like the look and It's good to see it on a painted car.

Now it's just development and enjoyment.:thumbsup:

All the best,
Martin

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Now Stew

Please be more accurate
It cannot be Scotland because the sun is shining and there are no puddles!

Congratulations it looks great - not my choice of colour but it just goes to show a GT40 looks good in any colour

More specifics needed re engine, transmissionetc

Cheers
Ian

Ron Earp

Admin
I like that color, reminds me of the green cars that is in John Allen's book. Unique and a cool period color. Thanks for not painting it as a Gulf car! :pleased:

I like it :thumbsup:

It looks like you went with the full gulf flare? The rear spoiler looks great to. The wheels look super with the black centers. I would like to see some interior and engine shots to.

Very nice Stew. The color looks absolutely great - not far off some of the vintage greens that were around in the 60s, and a bit edgy in a modern way. Totally fits the car and she's a stunner!

Hi Stew

beautiful car. Stunning colour. Great Stance.

Now we have some RCR " RS" TWINS; yours in RS-green and mine in RS-orange.
Two mean looking 40´s.
attachment.php

PICT3685.jpg

Hope we can place them side by side at 2010´s Le Mans Classic.

TOM

Dave Collins

Supporter
Stew,

Great to see the car finished after all your hard work. Colour works really well and will sure make the car stand out.

Dave

Stew

The green looks great. Is it a metallic color or solid? If metalic, how about a real close up shot when it is in the sun so we can see it sparkle. I'm going to have to rethink my intended color(s).

Eric

Back