Heritage Engineering T70 Spyder

Congrats on the Porsche Johan. Nice nice nice. It look all a little ''erector set'' under the hood though, but then thats the way they look! Looks like the left seat is missing the left bolster in order to get it to fit in the car :)

Cool Ride
I saw a Rothmans at Fantasy Junction and it was to lust after for sure.

Johan, what kind of $$ does it take to run and maintain this beast? I'm sure the trans. was not easy or cheep to repair? How often did you run it? Your car is stunning ! Is the car ready for assembly, or what is required to finnish?
I have never owned anything like this and am interested in learning about it. WONDERFULL
Randy

Last edited:
First, ADR3, you can go to
Lola Heritage
and learn about Lolas.

Randy, thanks for the compliments on the car. Expense is a relative concept, but it costs about the same to run as any mid-engine v8 vintage race car. Every couple of years it needs to be taken apart and put back together. It will be dependable that way instead of waiting for things to break.
The transmission input shaft is $750.
With a ZF and less horsepower, the car would be cheap to do track days with. Entry fees, gas, tires, brake pads every few events, tires every few events, etc.
Racing is more expensive than track days though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gary, I wish you had won the Lotto as well.
This is a picture of the car when it was based in Europe.
blue%2070.JPG

Aaah, Bob Usher-Spark's old car & spares. OK, now I know why it sounded
familiar ...

Sorry Johan, not enough racing experience or money to do it justice.

Ian

Yes, good ole Dr. Bob. Hope he is doing well, but I did not buy it from him (although I came close). This is the car that the GD T70 took roots from. Then Dr. Bob sold it to Can Am Exotics here in the USA, and they copied it and built a red car, before I bought it a few years ago.. The bodywork has found its way onto numerous cars at this point, which is a good thing in my view making spares readily obtainable. The best source would be RCR for that, as they have the set of molds and do great work.
Gardner Douglas T70
1138643150-gdt70.jpg

Can Am exotics T70:
canam.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Johan,

I know you are looking to thin the herd, but...any interest in trading for a Kirkham SC with a '65 side oiler and aluminum Keith Craft toploader?

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Dreaming is free, you know :).

Ron Rowberry

BTW: Fabulous 962C. I'm a Porsche guy deep down (356C, two 912s). The 956/962 series have been my favorits since watching them go at it at Laguna Seca back in the '80s. Great cars.

Johan,

I know you are looking to thin the herd, but...any interest in trading for a Kirkham SC with a '65 side oiler and aluminum Keith Craft toploader?

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Dreaming is free, you know :).

Ron Rowberry

BTW: Fabulous 962C. I'm a Porsche guy deep down (356C, two 912s). The 956/962 series have been my favorits since watching them go at it at Laguna Seca back in the '80s. Great cars.

Ron, First thanks for the compliments on both cars, directly on the 962 and implicitly on the T70. The 962 is a not a 962c, which was European Group C car, but an IMSA 962 for racing in the United States. The main difference is the size of the motor (Group c = 2.8 liter twin Turbo and IMSA = 3.2 Liter single kkk #38 turbo which was in 1987 got a restrictor of 34mm to dumb it down a bit and a 3.0 liter displacement limit for IMSA). Small details, but interesting I hope.
I have a storage space issue that prevents me from saying I would trade for the Kirkham, which sounds like a fantastic car, + I have a Cobra, but that said I would appreciate looking at a photo or two of it. Feel free to post them on this thread if you like. We all like Cobras here.
Dreaming was all I was doing when I decided to try a mid-engine race car in 1998, and it is hard to go back to front or rear mounted engines. They stick to ground like Polish cheerleader doing split.

Ron,

Nice looking Cobra (your picture posted in your profile area). It almost looks like it does not have a hood scoop. Like Johan said, post some pictures so all of us can enjoy your ride.:pepper:

Gary and Johan,

Thanks for the complements on the Kirkham. I'm at work right now, and only have pictures of my children on my computer :), so I'll have to post Cobra pics at another time. Besides, Johan, I really don't want to sidetrack your thread.

Thanks for the education on the 962 vs 962C. I was familiar with the differences between the 956 and 962 (length, position of driver's feet relative to the front axle, etc), but had always just assumed that the 962C was the final development of the 962. Didn't the Kramer brothers produce a few also? At least a few cars were produced by privateers at the end of production, correct?

I had to laugh at one of the other comments above, as I too figured that I'd be in the market for a 962 the day I won the lottery. Of course, I don't play the lottery, so it could be a while.

Back