How old am I?

T

It's a 6.8 litre engine, so it's huge. Beautiful engine, all aluminum (steel liners), very nice looking piece. Trouble is, it only makes about 240hp. Huh? Seriously? Seven litres and it only makes 240hp? That thing should be making 400hp+. What did they do to it, put valves in it out of a lawn mower? Now I'm thinking I need better heads, Edelbrock inlet, webers, stainless cross-X exhaust, etc........hhhhmmm...sound familiar?

Nice car Cliff,

Rolls Royce never used to quote horsepower, they implied discussing such things was vulgar when asked about horsepower figures they would say "adequate"

A number of years ago I had a 1932 20/25 Rolls the engineering on it was superb (wish I still had it) and I loved the fact I had the build sheets with all the data on when the chassis / engine was tested in 1932, you should be able to get the same information for yours from the owners club.

I also had an S2 Bentley many years ago, it had an earlier version of your engine, I believe the gearbox's are General Motors turbo hydramatic 400 units.

Hey Cliff, a small block iron Chevy W/gearbox is an inexpensive option. I actually had a neighbor with Rolls/Bently and no driveline and severe underbody rusting. Went to a wrecking yard and found a Chevy pickup truck chassis and all was well. Not too much fab work either. The braking system on that Rolls can be a nightmare, check it out.

Perish the thought :rifle:

Bob

You should have gone for the turbo version if you wanted some extra ooomph! I've been working on Rolls-Royces since being an apprentice 36 years ago!! Some non Rolls-Royce parts will fit but do you really want to compromise on what the car is? Just make sure no one tops up the brake system with the wrong fluid now that's an expensive mistake!!

Back