how old were you when you bought your 40??

G

52 years young

Lloyd

[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: Lloyd ]

51 years old and still have not grown up!
rolleyes.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
45 yrs young and now I'm 55 and I haven't finished it yet. Excuses in abundence.
If I had finished it I would have loads of mundane domestic chores to do to keep the peace.

G

I promised myself I would start on my GT40 project before I turned 50, and I managed to.... just. I hope I finish it before I'm too old to enjoy it.

started it when I was 39, finished it 7 years later. We had twins (sons) a year after I started the project which tended to slow the rate of build for a couple of years, plus building a monocoque from scratch is more labour intensive than I expected. Has been on the road for nearly 6 years.

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, I was 33 when I bought it but I'll be 35 when I finish it. Not good is it, to think about it in those terms?

I was 40 when I ordered it. I should still be 40 by the time it's on the road.

frknfast Gulf GT40

I was 47 when I bought it and 50 when drove it around Goodwood )registered but unpainted), 52 when I drove it (painted) around Le Mans at the Classic event and I will hopefully live to drive around Spa in Belgium (I will delete the tobacco advertising)
wink.gif

G

Not quite, Bill. I was 29 when I saw my first GT40 running at Sebring in 1967 and and was 60 and planning retirement when my wife made the mistake of asking what I was going to do with my free time. I purchased the GTD the following week and effectively completed it last month at age 65. Not getting older, just better!!! Note bottom of signature block below.

[ April 06, 2003: Message edited by: Ben Miller ]

Hi Guys, I was a bit lucky. I was 25 when I bought my first GTD40 as a kit. I was even luckier when at 33 I owned two. But even luckier still when I started MDA at 28. I get to drive GT's all the time! Seriously though, Like any job, it does get a little tiresome... I dont go racing like many do for two reasons, one i spend all day and half the night with GT40s. the second is I dont have time. And a third reason would be I have a great local test track, its called the A30!!!

Best regards

Mark Sibley

Back